Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using 2 Line 6 Devices? And Plug Ins

robmlisanti

I want to purchase the Pod HD desktop, I had a question about whether or not I can still use my Line 6 UX-1? ( I am using a Mac with 10.7 )

Also with the Pod HD will I still be able to use my Amplitube 3 Plug Ins?

I noticed when I tune on my Riifworks software that the Amplitube Automatically opens, by installing the new POD HD drivers and defaulting to the device will that stop?

I would appreciated any answers!

Thanks,

Rob :)

The HD Desktop is itself an audio interface so it can replace your UX. but you could also continue to use your UX and connect the pod analog outputs to the UX inputs. Your choice. But you can only have one of them connected via USB to your computer at a time.

Riff works will use whichever audio interface device is connected via USB - your UX or the Pod. You will be able to use whatever plugins you want in your DAW.

The HD Desktop is itself an audio interface so it can replace your UX. but you could also continue to use your UX and connect the pod analog outputs to the UX inputs. Your choice. But you can only have one of them connected via USB to your computer at a time.

Riff works will use whichever audio interface device is connected via USB - your UX or the Pod. You will be able to use whatever plugins you want in your DAW.

Thanks for answering my question , The HD edit program uses very little RAM correct? Once I connect the POD HD Desktop I just need to download drivers and then download the HD Edit/Library right?

Thanks again!

The HD Edit program is a device editor that runs on your computer. It does not require much RAM. it is not necessary to be running the editor in order to use the pod. The Pod normally is used without being connected to your computer and without the editor; you can edit your tones directly on the Pod. The editor is just more convenient when you are planning on doing some heavy editing.

I have a AX212.  I have had it long time.  I know the amp well and it is user friendly. However, it is very heavy and large for many of the gigs I do in small venues.  Is the AX 212 available in rack mount that has the same sound banks and foot pedal?

Thanks for any suggestions that you may have on this!

Kenny