Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

You will not need to reapply 2.52 when the fixed version is released if your first attempt was successful.

HonestOpinion

The quote below was posted by Line6's Frank Ritchotte on The Gear Page(TGP). It looks like if you are one of the many who successfully updated to both HX Edit 2.52 and also the 2.52 firmware before it was pulled, you will not need to reapply the new fixed HX 2.52 package that is coming out probably Monday according to Phil_m. The fact that they added a test item to their QA process to help prevent this in the future is also notable and laudable.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25904747/

Hey guys as you know our hotfix release had some issues for a few users coming from older firmware. We apologize for this and have pulled 2.52 down till it’s fixed next week. 

To be clear the issue is the updater not the content. If you got 2.52 successfully (most did) it’s fine and you will not need to reload it when the new version releases. 

Right now it looks like 10 or so users had their units frozen by the update. All of those customers will get new units on Tuesday. We are not going to make you wait for us to fix them...it was our fault. Apologies and we have a new test item for all releases going forward to prevent this in the future.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for passing that along. I hadn't updated yet, but good to know.

I kinda wish the Line 6 folks paid as much attention to those of us here on their own forum than over on other forums. A lot of folks don't have time to sort through all the chaff across multiple forums. If not for nice folks like you reposting that kind of thing from TGP and elsewhere, we'd never hear about it.

• Upvote 2

I kinda wish the Line 6 folks paid as much attention to those of us here on their own forum than over on other forums. A lot of folks don't have time to sort through all the chaff across multiple forums. If not for nice folks like you reposting that kind of thing from TGP and elsewhere, we'd never hear about it.

Thanks!  :)

+1000

• Upvote 1

I admit, I do find it exceedingly odd that so many L6 employees frequent other forums, yet largely ignore their own...I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but it is a little weird.

The again, what do I know? Maybe the dudes at Ford can't get enough of the Chevy forums...is that a "thing"? 😉

• Upvote 1

I admit, I do find it exceedingly odd that so many L6 employees frequent other forums, yet largely ignore their own...I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but it is a little weird.

The again, what do I know? Maybe the dudes at Ford can't get enough of the Chevy forums...is that a "thing"?

I think it might be a work related phenomenon.... 

Personally I think Line 6 has been great in regards to support with their products   ;)