Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I Can Dream, Can't I?

Marker12

Sure you can. My H&K Grandmeister 40 Deluxe works flawless using Bluetooth with my iPad-2, and the WMI-1.

And, until Line-6 updated and changed the firmware on the Firehawk 1500 app, my iPad-2 and it ran flawlessly as well via Bluetooth.

So yea dream on...  ;)

Theoretically you can do this now although it is a little hacky. If you don't mind running a cable from your Helix to a laptop you can actually broadcast the HX Edit app to an iPad. Many of the remote desktop apps available for Windows --> iOS should work. There have been previous posts of people demonstrating this with screenshots. Just can't locate them at the moment. I would love to see the next version of the Helix include Bluetooth app functionality if they can get it working reliably without too much latency.

Here is one link for remote desktop but there are several other apps available that basically do the same thing.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id714464092?mt=8

I consider myself a tweaker, but I have no desire to do deep editing on stage and I can't think of any audience that would want to watch me do that. 

So much this. By the time I'm on stage... I don't want to be thinking about anything other than playing my best. Tweaking fx at the gig is not high on my list.

• Upvote 1

I consider myself a tweaker, but I have no desire to do deep editing on stage and I can't think of any audience that would want to watch me do that. 

So much this. By the time I'm on stage... I don't want to be thinking about anything other than playing my best. Tweaking fx at the gig is not high on my list.

Agree with you both to some extent. By the time I hit the stage pretty much everything is dialed in and I do little to no tweaking of my presets during the gig other than leveling where required. I have the Helix Floor though and since I already use an iPad for lyrics and mixing/monitoring when necessary I could see being able to make some on the fly changes to the Helix on an iPad being very convenient. Just would not use it very often. And of course there is always the under-utilized Helix Pedal Edit mode which allows you to edit with your feet. Dare I mention it but the one innovation that the Headrush added when they perhaps "borrowed" the idea from Line6 is that pressing and holding a stomp switch on the Headrush pops you directly into Pedal Edit mode for the selected effect. Would love to see that come to the Helix although the current Helix implementation is more flexible and powerful. Anyway, Bluetooth iPad editing might come in handy for Lazy Boy armchair edits at home as well as during a gig but there are plenty of other options. Clarification required - no I do not use a Lazy Boy at gigs but it would be nice at times. Especially those four set nights. :P

This

https://www.pentestpartners.com/security-blog/hijacking-rick-rolling-a-smart-guitar-amp/

demonstrates another 'professional' piece of gear out of the

' wonderful wireless world (www) ' on stage :lol:

(this time: bluetoothed, BTW)

Hilarious, that is just a complete and cavalier disregard for security by the manufacturer. I wonder if they have beefed it up since videos like this started coming out.