Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk vs PODHD500x models

herrschmuck

That's correct - the devices have different sets of amp/fx models. I haven't done a detailed comparison but I think there's a lot of overlap as well as lots of differences.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/ampl/amplififulllistofampsandeffects#en

https://line6.com/data/6/0a06434c087052430f5d6523b/application/pdf/POD%20HD%20Series%20Model%20Gallery%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20E%20).pdf

Note that these docs may be somewhat out of date. For instance, I don't think the Pod HD gallery includes the POD HD amp model packs. All the up to date information is available but you may have to search for it and put it all together yourself if you need complete accuracy.

Hi,

I had a Firehawk before buying a helix.

I've heard that for the same models in FH and HD, the devices sounded differently..... I've never compared by myself.

Nevertheless, i think you will be able to have good tones with each one, the more important to check is the limitation of each one and the way you prefer working.

I believe that the HD you can put things in parallel that you can't do with the FH, check the way you can move the effects in the chain too !

For the other point,  do you prefer working with your PC or do you prefer tweaking directly(easily) on the device ? This was the thing which determined my choice and choose the FH, with the bluetooth (i personnely had no matter for the connection) and the simplicity of the app, it was easy to tweak, to try things and to find tones you'll appreciate (it was a good initiation to go up with the Helix).

I've heard that for the same models in FH and HD, the devices sounded differently..... I've never compared by myself.

Yes, the same models with the same settings do sound different because the underlying modeling technology is different.