Sign in to follow this  
qwvb1111

About Writing Tablature

Greetings everyone,  I started playing guitar a while ago, mainly I play the game songs I like.

But some of the tablature of them cannot be found on the internet, so I have to use my ear to distinguish the note and write them on Guitar Pro, or Tuxguitar. (2 song writing software)

I am quite sure that I have write correctly for every note of a song. But the problem is, I actually didn’t have basic music knowledge? (whole note, half note, 1/4 note, 1/8 note, 4/4 beat? etc.) And I don‘t know how to find the BPM of the song...

So although I have written down all the notes of one game song I like in those software, and I press play button, I can only get standard 120bpm, 4 note per bar/phrase? at the same speed.

I wish to make it right, what are the things I need to know to really produce a song? 

I will only export it as MIDI, and open in software for my own reference when I play guitar.

Thanks in advance!

First of all, this is not a forum for that kind of topic so some of the responses may not be very kind. Having said that what you are asking for is a tutorial on using those programs you mentioned as those are very basic procedures for those programs. It's been awhile since I've used them and I don't have my computer in front of me. But I figured those questions out by myself using the help file in the program. They are menu items and there is usually a button you can press as well. So if no one responds with a good answer, use the search in the help file in the programs. That's how I learned them. Bottom line is they can be done.

UPDATE:

I just found this Tux Guitar tutorial

http://waynegabree.com/theory/TuxGuitar%20Tutorial.pdf

There is a part about setting tempo and in that part, the button to change tempo has a button with a time signature symbol. I'll bet that's how to change the time signature (4 note per bar/phrase) as well.

I use Guitar Pro 7 myself.  But I do have some basic knowledge of music (beats, rests, notation).  Here's a good basic video on it.

This guy is also cool to learn from: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnkp4xDOwqqJD7sSM3xdUiQ

Easiest thing to do is learn to read basic music notation then you can figure out by ear what to put in your tab program.  Even then I spend a lot of time tweaking.

Greetings everyone,  I started playing guitar a while ago, mainly I play the game songs I like.

But some of the tablature of them cannot be found on the internet, so I have to use my ear to distinguish the note and write them on Guitar Pro, or Tuxguitar. (2 song writing software)

I am quite sure that I have write correctly for every note of a song. But the problem is, I actually didn’t have basic music knowledge? (whole note, half note, 1/4 note, 1/8 note, 4/4 beat? etc.) And I don‘t know how to find the BPM of the song...

So although I have written down all the notes of one game song I like in those software, and I press play button, I can only get standard 120bpm, 4 note per bar/phrase? at the same speed.

I wish to make it right, what are the things I need to know to really produce a song? 

I will only export it as MIDI, and open in software for my own reference when I play guitar.

Thanks in advance!

Do you own a Line 6 product like Helix?