Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question about Helix Edit resolution view ?

MarkeG

Got a Helix rack today wondering if it's just the rack version of Helix edit or they recently changed the style and  thickness of the sliders controls to a thinner look  ?  Pretty much every video or picture I've seen of Exit app shows a thicker easier to on the eyes version

Are there any settings to change it ?

post-2684966-0-13508900-1519795952_thumb.jpgpost-2684966-0-07565400-1519795959_thumb.jpg

Got a Helix rack today wondering if it's just the rack version of Helix edit or they recently changed the style and  thickness of the sliders controls to a thinner look  ?  Pretty much every video or picture I've seen of Exit app shows a thicker easier to on the eyes version

attachicon.gif2.JPGattachicon.gifCapture.JPG

The one on the left is the original editor application simply called "Helix". It has, for all intents and purposes, been discontinued. HX Edit, the one on the right, is the current editor that will continue be updated...

attachicon.gif2.JPGattachicon.gifCapture.JPG

You might find you don't want those thicker sliders back. On effects or amps with many options they would force you to scroll through multiple pages. This puts all the controls visible on a single page.

You might find you don't want those thinner sliders back. On effects or amps with many options they would force you to scroll through multiple pages. This puts all the controls visible on a single page.

I was glad for the thinner sliders, but the initial version of them was too thin. It was too hard to use the mouse cursor on them. Line 6 did thicken them slightly since. The problem with the historically thickest sliders, besides taking too much screen real estate, was the text was sometimes unreadable, specifically for the delays. The white text became engulfed in the bright green. The newer, streamlined sliders don't have that problem.

I was glad for the thinner sliders, but the initial version of them was too thin. It was too hard to use the mouse cursor on them. Line 6 did thicken them slightly since. The problem with the historically thickest sliders, besides taking too much screen real estate, was the text was sometimes unreadable, specifically for the delays. The white text became engulfed in the bright green. The newer, streamlined sliders don't have that problem.

Agreed, a welcome change as far as I was concerned allowing for a comprehensive single page view of all options. Btw, I meant to say "You might find you don't want those "thicker" sliders back (rather than "thinner"). Corrected.

For me my eyes aren't that great wearing glasses and getting older makes me wish the sliders were a little thicker

Some built in customization with options for different views and or themes would me a welcome addition is all  

• 10 months later...