DWhaley81

Line6 6 dt50 power transformer replacement reviews

I guess this just struck me. news I was participating in, there was at one time a pop, at that point nothing. I got mine repaired from Line6. Had it several a year.

OK, I know there has been a lot of back and fourth surrounding the topic of DT25/50 amps and bad power transformers.  But, I have a bottom line question - even if the amp is out of warranty and it is determined based on the Serial number that the amp in question was sold  with a potentially faulty transformer... will Line 6 fix/replace the amp based on the fact that the power transformer was bad out of the gate? 

Thanks for any replies in advance...

Kevin Mc

1 hour ago, kmcfrld said:

OK, I know there has been a lot of back and fourth surrounding the topic of DT25/50 amps and bad power transformers.  But, I have a bottom line question - even if the amp is out of warranty and it is determined based on the Serial number that the amp in question was sold  with a potentially faulty transformer... will Line 6 fix/replace the amp based on the fact that the power transformer was bad out of the gate? 

Thanks for any replies in advance...

Kevin Mc

They did for me....twice.  It took over 3 months each time.  I have 2 so as these fail I will be moving on at this point...but I will miss them when that day comes. 

It was a small batch of transformers years ago, with the DT50. It wasn't a DT25 problem

from what I recall.

kmcfrld's problem might be something else. If there's a problem, judging by how long you've

had it, if the tubes haven't been changed out already, then it may be time for tube change out.

• Like 1