Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 6 dt50 power transformer replacement reviews

DWhaley81

• 5 months later...

OK, I know there has been a lot of back and fourth surrounding the topic of DT25/50 amps and bad power transformers.  But, I have a bottom line question - even if the amp is out of warranty and it is determined based on the Serial number that the amp in question was sold  with a potentially faulty transformer... will Line 6 fix/replace the amp based on the fact that the power transformer was bad out of the gate? 

Thanks for any replies in advance...

Kevin Mc

1 hour ago, kmcfrld said:

OK, I know there has been a lot of back and fourth surrounding the topic of DT25/50 amps and bad power transformers.  But, I have a bottom line question - even if the amp is out of warranty and it is determined based on the Serial number that the amp in question was sold  with a potentially faulty transformer... will Line 6 fix/replace the amp based on the fact that the power transformer was bad out of the gate? 

Thanks for any replies in advance...

Kevin Mc

They did for me....twice.  It took over 3 months each time.  I have 2 so as these fail I will be moving on at this point...but I will miss them when that day comes. 

It was a small batch of transformers years ago, with the DT50. It wasn't a DT25 problem

from what I recall.

kmcfrld's problem might be something else. If there's a problem, judging by how long you've

had it, if the tubes haven't been changed out already, then it may be time for tube change out.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

207327.jpg

If you don't want to spend the $$$$ to send in your DTxxxxx amp to get that new xformer for the DT50-212 or others, you can buy one [exact same brand/part #/etc.] from Full Compass. I bought one and works flawlessly. They are the latest xformers of course...not the older defective ones.

NOTE: Line 6 WILL authorize an out of warranty replacement for the transformer if you have one that is affected - via serial/date of purchase check, however, you are responsible for shipping the ENTIRE unit back..that means no taking out the head unit so to speak. This means: $$$$$$$$ in shipping....thus the simple buy it yourself and replace it option is desirable for a lot of us back, East. It's very simple to replace.

Full Compass

Price: $107.00

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/227127-line-6-11-30-0044-power-transformer-for-dt50-amp

For any other Line 6 products here is the parts page (There is a lot of parts):  https://www.fullcompass.com/searchresults.php?search_simple=true&txtAll=line+6+dt50+212+power+transformer#/?keywords=line+6+dt50+212+power+transformer&undefined=undefined&force_sku_search=1&Category0=Replacement+Parts&search_return=all&Brand=Line+6

Tim

ARS N9NU

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I guess this just struck me.
I was participating in, Shark Tank Weight Loss Drink Before Bed – Best Weight Loss Drink there was at best legal steroids for sale   over the counter phentermine   brutal force   mk677 hgh pills for men  Gynectrol Review   one time a pop, at that point nothing.
I got mine repaired from Line6. Had it several a year.

• 1 year later...

So here it is Nov of 2021 and my DT50 112 suffered the same transformer loss.  I figured I would find one and replace it myself.  Line 6 quit making them. Full compass quit making them. The service center advised that they found a transformer, but not the original and it would have to be converted. Estimate $800 to fix. So basically, I have a 63 Lb. anchor or doorstop. This amp is only approx. 11 years old. Thanks Line 6. I asked if they could give me a discount on  a demo Helix all would be forgiven. They blew me off. Although I will continue to use my POD HD500, I'm going to buy a fender amp in the next couple weeks. I have owned tons of Line 6 amps starting with the AX2.  Unfortunately thats it for me. They lost a loyal customer.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 7:23 PM, felixfunk said:

So here it is Nov of 2021 and my DT50 112 suffered the same transformer loss.  I figured I would find one and replace it myself.  Line 6 quit making them. Full compass quit making them. The service center advised that they found a transformer, but not the original and it would have to be converted. Estimate $800 to fix. So basically, I have a 63 Lb. anchor or doorstop. This amp is only approx. 11 years old. Thanks Line 6. I asked if they could give me a discount on  a demo Helix all would be forgiven. They blew me off. Although I will continue to use my POD HD500, I'm going to buy a fender amp in the next couple weeks. I have owned tons of Line 6 amps starting with the AX2.  Unfortunately thats it for me. They lost a loyal customer.

If you still have your amp, you can get a tranny here.

Mercury Magnetics Transformers