Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider v1 112 Tech manual.

The_Theramist

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Long time user , but have a tech question on FBV Express pedal changing program on 2- Spider II-75w amps , because more is better , 2 is better than one..

I would like to connect 2 amps to the pedal , but fear for voltage fold back and damage to the Amp pc logic board or the pedal logic board, I know the pedal gets it's power from the amp , but at least a couple of the 8 pins return signal to the amp for program change/Wha & volume.

I have the Guitar signal to the amp handled with a cool master volume/pan pedal , but these amps are my passion and this would be such a great remote tool for my stereo rig.

I have run this by a couple of Ex Line 6 sales reps , but a schematic of Cat5 signal with voltage send/return per pin would be amazing as I could isolate or disconnect the 2nd amp certain pins from the equasion that might affect the voltage spike on start up , I could connect after amp start up , but sure could use some direction.

I have 3 of these currently, I use them for Rock/blues, acoustic and almost everything I do. Check the link for a pin assignment example https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Ethernet-Sharing-White/dp/B01DJOE4PU/ref=sr_1_50_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1523492120&sr=8-50-spons&keywords=2+to+1+cat5+connector&psc=1 

Lindsey Spight 

Be very careful with splitters. The amps are the source of the supply voltage to the pedal, 

having two runs the risk of an over-voltage, and a risk damage to the pedal circuits and program IC chip.

Certain kinds over-voltages can erase programs in processors in general, if one is not careful.

Many Thanks , as I suspected , so I will try to figure the send pins to/from on each cable and configure the 2nd cable as a specific send to amp2 with no receive as a test to see if the splitter could be re-configured as the special item with #2 as the special , with only a send for channel switching(2 pins) & volume control (? pins) being altered from "Share status".

What is the interface voltage running from the amp to the FVB Express switching mechanism? Like 10v DC? , If I knew what pins do what ,

I can configure a really cool interface stack. Am I out of my mind , or actually on to something? In my job , I visualize what "Could be" and make it real, but do not want anything but results.

I also have an XT Live if you are dole ling out schematics for Spider II 12"-75w units and XT Live boards , I could config a solve & advise.

I read these for spa PC boards for a living and that stuff is AC 120v and 230v  so I am not going to risk blowing a low voltage switching sub stack in the pedal if I can help it..

The product is stout, performs as advertised and contrary to what I read here , if not powered up on a below 108 volts to 115v supply , continues to function normally for years.

A stereo option with a specially wired splitter so standard CAT5 cables could be used on any floorboard could be a reality. if you can forward Schematics , I will happily share.

Lindsey

"What is the interface voltage running from the amp to the FVB Express switching mechanism?"--- Unfortunately that's

circuit level stuff that I can't get into with someone outside the company without expressed permission from Line 6, or

a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).

Being a tech, I can advise you on what not to do to, so that you don't damage or ruin your gear (and therefore keep it off of my repair bench).

This gear was not designed to be used that way, so modifications like that would be at your own risk. It's as far as I can go with this.

• 9 months later...
On 3/1/2018 at 4:08 AM, The_Theramist said:

Hi Guys,

I'm new on the board but a long time Line 6 owner.

I have an original red faced Spider 112 with the big floorboard that I really love the sound of.

I'm looking for a technical manual for it.

Does anyone know where I can pick one up?

Thanks.

Any one have an answer for this OP's question? Line6 staff tech, sir, can you respond to this?

I, too, would like to get a copy (even if I have to pay Line6 for one) so that I can repair this old beauty Spider 112 and free it from it's current oversized-paperweight status. 

On 3/1/2018 at 8:52 AM, silverhead said:

1) thats not a schematic link

2) that's the wrong product

• 3 years later...
On 1/30/2019 at 11:07 AM, thistech said:

Any one have an answer for this OP's question? Line6 staff tech, sir, can you respond to this?

I, too, would like to get a copy (even if I have to pay Line6 for one) so that I can repair this old beauty Spider 112 and free it from it's current oversized-paperweight status. 

1) thats not a schematic link

2) that's the wrong product

again we are looking for a manual for  the spider 1 1x12 original red face