Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Actual power in 75

japrifer

Hello. I have been usin Amplifi 75 for some time at home. Now I have to use it in a band and I just can't get enough volume out of it. My friend with a 60W amp sounds great whereas I have to mic my amp. What is the actual power output of the Amplifi 75? How can it be that my guitar doesn´t sound over the drums with a 75W amp?

Thanks

If you are playing with another guitarist and you are trying to use a tone with a lot of distortion, you may have overdone it....Scooping mids and diming the drive is the very best to way to not cut thru...If you other guitar player is using a 60 watt tube amp, then he basically has 2-3 times the dynamic range that your SS 75 watt amp has...It will likely never compete with that if that is the case...Anyway, I suspect you are using a super saturated tone and likely don't have enough mids...That is ALWAYS how you cut thru...turn down the drive and turn up the mids until you cut thru...The cleaner it is, be better it will cut thru...Other things can be too much verb and delay....

It happens with my presents and with factory presets as well. Clean tones and overdriven tones. My friend is using a sold state amp. I don't think the issue is related to presets but to the actual power of the amplifi. It is as if the amplifi splits power to the guitar and the backing tracks and half of the power goes to the guitar actually. I'm kind of lost...

Another thing to check is the guitar level in the mix. Press down on the volume knob, which will change the ring of LEDs surrounding it from red to white. When white, you are adjusting the guitar level in the mix that's sent to the output stage. Turn the knob clockwise so that you have a strongest possible signal, then push the knob again to return to the red LEDs and adjust as necessary.