Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

For the First time after Nearly 2 years- Helix Froze on bootup after updating...

spikey

I immediately switched Helix off, waited 5 seconds and turned it back on. Helix came up in what looks normal now. I haven't played thru it yet.

After updating to Version 2.53 Firmware, Helix froze on me this morning on boot-up. I updated/installed the 2.53 firmware last night, and followed all the normal procedures. I'm not trying to "knee-jerk react here but This has "Never" happened before. Yes, it's possible this was just a one-time thing, but atm I'm doubting that. It's a high probability that this latest firmware I just installed last night is the cause of the freezing on boot up...  I didn't see where anyone else has seen this yet, and so I'm retesting the bootup process (trying to break it) by doing the boot up multiple times now. Further testing and info will follow.

i can recall one instance where after updating, the next bootup (automatic restart) froze. This was quite some time ago, pre-2.0 firmware.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Updated to 2.53 this morning without issue.

i can recall one instance where after updating, the next bootup (automatic restart) froze. This was quite some time ago, pre-2.0 firmware.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Updated to 2.53 this morning without issue.

Same here I updated last night to 2.53 with no issues. 

I immediately switched Helix off, waited 5 seconds and turned it back on. Helix came up in what looks normal now. I haven't played thru it yet.

After updating to Version 2.53 Firmware, Helix froze on me this morning on boot-up. I updated/installed the 2.53 firmware last night, and followed all the normal procedures. I'm not trying to "knee-jerk react here but This has "Never" happened before. Yes, it's possible this was just a one-time thing, but atm I'm doubting that. It's a high probability that this latest firmware I just installed last night is the cause of the freezing on boot up... I didn't see where anyone else has seen this yet, and so I'm retesting the bootup process (trying to break it) by doing the boot up multiple times now. Further testing and info will follow.

This is "after this, therefore because of this" reasoning...Mine stalled on boot-up shortly after the 2.50 update. Hasn't done it since. If it works, it works... don't borrow trouble.

This happened to me when I upgraded to 2.52. It worried me for a moment.

Maybe is to do with a "Wait" routine set too short? Anyway it works now.

I notice that on the update thread, no longer show any reference to firmware 2.52. It feels strange not to see that when many still will have 2.52 displayed on their device.

I am not goin to tempt fate by updating again soon.

This is "after this, therefore because of this" reasoning...

Exactly. Like hitting your thumb with a hammer now, and not wanting to do it again later.  ;)

Welp, maybe just because its a computer sometimes this happens. Bad excuse I know... I'm not borrowing trouble, believe me. It's just that it NEVER happened before after an update I've done and I've done them all for almost 2 years. FYI- I did many off-on reboots since the last post without a single burp, and it sounds the same (awesome). The only thing I did notice, was that after this update I have to re-wiggle every control pedal (Wah and volume) because its now needing me to save an edited preset (the one its on when it boots up), and it won't save until I move (reset) them. There's a fast change on the wah back and forth 1 or 2 % (showing on the display). Once I move it, it gos away and I can save the preset/patch. On the last update this went away, but on previous ones, this has happened before too. No biggy, just thought id mention it.

Hummm, I just dunno. The room was a bit chilly (66 degrees).