Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Am I missing something obvious in HXEdit?

CraigGT

I can't figure out If I'm editing an existing patch, how do I save the modified version to a new location and not overwrite my original?

I know how to do it on the unit but can't figure it out in HXEdit.

Craig

I'll add one caveat to what Duncann said that helps me.  I sometimes make an edit(s) to a preset that is one I don't want to permanently edit, and I find the edited preset is worth keeping as a new preset.  If you're like me and didn't make a copy of the preset before editing it it, here's a simple way to do this.  Don't save the preset you have edited, but copy it to a new slot.  That copies the unedited original preset to the new slot.  Then if you save the preset you are working on, which should be the one you edited, and you have both versions of the presets.

• Upvote 1

Or a drop down menu so you can choose which bank to save the preset to.  Either one would be great.

Best option would be the "Save As" button gave you full navigation capability between setlists or within the setlist as you currently have on the Helix. That way you can not only save within the current setlist but to another one if you wish. I leave the implementation up to Line6 but If the Editor were to mimic the current Helix 'Save As' function it would present you with two dropdown menus, one displaying your setlists and the second displaying the presets from the setlist selected in the first dropdown. Of course it could just put you in a "Save As" mode and use the existing dropdowns for set and preset selection in the Editor.

I'll add one caveat to what Duncann said that helps me.  I sometimes make an edit(s) to a preset that is one I don't want to permanently edit, and I find the edited preset is worth keeping as a new preset.  If you're like me and didn't make a copy of the preset before editing it it, here's a simple way to do this.  Don't save the preset you have edited, but copy it to a new slot.  That copies the unedited original preset to the new slot.  Then if you save the preset you are working on, which should be the one you edited, and you have both versions of the presets.

Oh cool. Would’ve never thought of that... thx!