Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tried demo - always hear dry track along with Helix

revolver1010

What's the deal here? Just tested the demo and had a quite frustrating experience as I couldn't figure out how to make the sound fully 100% processed. Every patch I tried I heard the Helix patch along with the dry unprocessed sound. It's a mono track and the plugin is inserted. No issues with any other modeller (Amplitube, Guitar Rig, etc). How the heck do you get it to fully process the signal and why would it default to running the plugin like as if it's a parallel effect loop set to 50% mix??

Sounds like you need to turn direct monitoring off for your interface.

I haven't activated monitoring on the channel and direct monitoring is disabled. Only thing is I installed the VST2 plugin as opposed to VST3 - simply cause I prefer to place the plugins in specific categories and VST3 it's hard coded where they get placed. I'll try the VST3 in a bit and see if there's any difference. As mentioned though, I don't have this issue with any other plugin, be it guitar based or effect VST.

• 2 weeks later...

keep checking... there is something that you have incorrectly set... nothing to do with the vst2 (if there was, you wouldn't be the only one with this issue)

- it may be something as simple as being sure the Input for 2A is set to None (instead of Host)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 4:45 PM, avalon650 said:

it may be something as simple as being sure the Input for 2A is set to None (instead of Host)

Sorry to reply late, haven't been on here. No, it wasn't 2A being set to Host, it was set to none. I knew about the two paths. Nothing worked to shutoff the dry sound with the VST2 plugin. As mentioned, this is not an issue at all with the VST3 plugin, and so I am using the VST3 plugin. Could be something between the VST2 plugin and the older Cubase 6 version I am using, I don't know, but the VST2 plugin in my Cubase 6 always passed dry signal along as well and it does not happen with the VST3 version. Either way, I'm all set.