Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Forum Technical Problems

soundog

I cannot currently access http://line6.com/support/forum/86-helix/ at all. Gives a 502 error. Been that way for at least a day now.

I can get to posts by clicking on "Next Unread Topic" and got here that way. Glad to know I'm not completely alone.

Clearing the cache usually fixes this. Perhaps this was due to planned modifications to the site, migration of data, or maybe it was unanticipated server problems, over the last few days but this has been occurring roughly every few months. Makes me wonder if it is an archiving process run amok. Stating the obvious here but whatever the cause if it is possible it would be preferable if Line6 popped up an "Under Construction" or "Undergoing Maintenance" page rather than having 502 errors or a brief uninformative message(with visible formatting code) pop up that requires users to clear their browser caches to be able to access the forum again.

Clearing the cache usually fixes this. Perhaps this was due to planned modifications to the site, migration of data, or maybe it was unanticipated server problems, over the last few days but this has been occurring roughly every few months. Makes me wonder if it is an archiving process run amok. Stating the obvious here but whatever the cause if it is possible it would be preferable if Line6 popped up an "Under Construction" or "Undergoing Maintenance" page rather than having 502 errors or a brief uninformative message(with visible formatting code) pop up that requires users to clear their browser caches to be able to access the forum again.

I haven't had to clear browser cache to fix a problem with a website in at least a dozen years, but that did solve the problem.

Having a bookmark directly to the helix forum I don't have any problems.

Only got the error message when going through the website menus.

Tried clearing the cache a few days ago and it worked. Next day I got the error message again.

Annoying still getting this below error accessing the forum clearing the cache worked at first but not fixing it anymore 

Strange thing only getting it when I try and access the Helix forum with Chrome mostly but now getting it with Windows Edge intermittently 

https://line6.com/502

<h3>We're sorry.</h3>
<p>There seems to be a problem with the page that you've requested.</p>
<p>Please try again later.</p>

As a web dev professionally, it's weird that this has gone on for so long. Starting from a working system, most issues should be resolvable relatively quickly. It's been working again for me for a few days, but I gather not everyone. There must be some pretty complex or obscure happening.

As a web dev professionally, it's weird that this has gone on for so long. Starting from a working system, most issues should be resolvable relatively quickly. It's been working again for me for a few days, but I gather not everyone. There must be some pretty complex or obscure happening.

I'm going to guess it may have something to do with their capacity handling setup.  I've noticed I've been able to get through at lower volume times even with chrome, and I've lost my ability to connect at high traffic times using Edge.  That would be in line with how long this problem has endured given they may have to wait for new equipment to arrive and get installed.

Memory leakage?

I'm going to guess it may have something to do with their capacity handling setup. I've noticed I've been able to get through at lower volume times even with chrome, and I've lost my ability to connect at high traffic times using Edge. That would be in line with how long this problem has endured given they may have to wait for new equipment to arrive and get installed.

I’ve been unable to log in on any device at any time for the last few days. It’s bizarre. It’s also bizarre that this has persisted for so long without any communication (that I’m aware of) from moderators or developers about what’s going on, or an acknowledgement that anyone over there is even aware of it. Maybe they are actively discussing it over on TGP...

I’ve been unable to log in on any device at any time for the last few days. It’s bizarre. It’s also bizarre that this has persisted for so long without any communication (that I’m aware of) from moderators or developers about what’s going on, or an acknowledgement that anyone over there is even aware of it. Maybe they are actively discussing it over on TGP...

They posted an announcement about on the top of the forums last week: http://line6.com/support/forum-86/announcement-90-forumknowledge-base-not-loading/

This is what Frank said about it over on TGP: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/26002744

We have some pretty major infrastructure issues at the moment due to a separate infrastructure upgrade a few weeks ago. The fix is not an easy one and we will be bringing everything down for about half a day at some point in the next week to try and resolve this. We apologize....this is kicking our butts.

They posted an announcement about on the top of the forums last week: http://line6.com/support/forum-86/announcement-90-forumknowledge-base-not-loading/

This is what Frank said about it over on TGP: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/26002744

We have some pretty major infrastructure issues at the moment due to a separate infrastructure upgrade a few weeks ago. The fix is not an easy one and we will be bringing everything down for about half a day at some point in the next week to try and resolve this. We apologize....this is kicking our butts.

I see that post now, I had kind of forgotten that section existed, thanks for setting me straight!And for the TGP quote. Sorry for the delayed response, after making that post I was unable to log in for a day or so....

After going to the desktop site and back on my phone, I'm in. It appears I can post replies, but not quote a previous post, weird.

In that light, agree, entropy will get you every time. Also, beware of making improvements, that will too ;)

I am unable to download the 2.53 update.  After making the suggested changes in Edge and IE, it didn't work.  I also tried Firefox, but that failed too.  Is this related to issues with the website or is there another way to obtain the update?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Using Chrome's Settings, Clearing the Cache and Cookies has been working for me.

Early tomorrow (Thursday) morning (4AM PDT) Line 6 will begin working on their Server database infrastructure. Hopefully, this will remedy the access issues many have been encountering the past weeks regarding the Knowledgebase and User Support Forums. 

I am unable to download the 2.53 update.  After making the suggested changes in Edge and IE, it didn't work.  I also tried Firefox, but that failed too.  Is this related to issues with the website or is there another way to obtain the update?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You don't need to download the 2.53 firmware file to install the update. Just download and install the latest version of HX Edit and run Line 6 Updater.

• Upvote 1

When viewing longer threads why is it not possible to access any pages after page 1 and why are the number of pages on that topic not shown alongside the title heading to facilitate easy access to those pages. As an example the long running thread on Fremen's Presets.

On 3/10/2018 at 9:56 AM, DunedinDragon said:

I'm going to guess it may have something to do with their capacity handling setup.  I've noticed I've been able to get through at lower volume times even with chrome, and I've lost my ability to connect at high traffic times using Edge.  That would be in line with how long this problem has endured given they may have to wait for new equipment to arrive and get installed.

Just migrate the whole site to something like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or the like and then you don't have to worry about capacity, backups, redundancy, or load balancing any more.

Lots of great little tweaks to the new forum format. I am discovering more of them as I go through the various functions. I  do think it is a big loss in the new forum format not to show who last posted in a topic in the topic listings. I only see the original poster now. I truly hope they add this back in as there were certain forum members whose postings I would always check out when their names popped up next to a topic; particularly Line6 staff. I also found it easier with the old bolded font to see which topics I had already read but I think my eyes will gradually adjust to the new look.

I do like the new feature of being able to hover over a topic title and show a tab for the original poster, latest answer, and Best answer. I think the latest answer should be the default tab rather than the original post however. Or perhaps show both the original post and the latest answer without having to switch tabs. Either way though this is a nice feature and probably lessens the load on the server because it means the entire thread does not need to be retrieved in order for a user to see the latest response.

• Upvote 1