Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Power Adaptor keeps getting damaged

zachcutler

Because of the flimsy pin-connector of the power adaptor, this is the third time that someone has stepped on the end of the plug sticking out, and bent the connection point inside of the unit. Now I can no longer keep the HD500x powered up unless I hold the adaptor at just the right angle.

Other than having the internal connector repaired (which I have done once, and it cost $150 because it has to be completely removed), has anyone found a good fix for this? Can the unit be modded to have a better power adaptor that is more sturdy? I'm almost ready just to give up and get a Helix since it has a much more professional power adaptor.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Z

As I usually need my POD more than the length of the power cable away from a socket I fashioned an extension from parts from Maplin/Radio Shak. This is taped to my L6 lead so I always know where the ends of either are - and my POD/ amp are plugged in in the same vicinity.If you have a problem you only have to replace the male or female connector. And you can get a right angled end to go in the POD so it’s less likely to be stepped on.

One of the reasons I use the HD Desktop and a Shortboard...So people will not step on my tones...I have loathed all in one pedalboards since the RP1...You could get a pedalboard case and that might help keep people's feet off of it...You could just hardwire it...If you load it in a pedalboard case, that might be an option...Keep people from stepping on it and never worry about it getting unplugged...just a thought...

A pedalboard case is probably your best option. For years I used the 500(and later the 500x) with this case from here:

http://www.rondomusic.com/pedalcases.html

Unfortunately I don't see the exact case that I used.

I also mounted a small 4 plug power strip into the case and always kept my board plugged in using the strip to power it on and off. Both my PODs survived years of gigging with almost no issues. I did have a beer dumped into one of the units, but that's another story(it acted funny for a bit but still works to this day).