Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Bad Quality Pedal won't last

tronoverload

I got my Helix LT a couple of months ago and I am very happy with the tone and overall built quality. This was until I noticed a few days ago that the expression pedal would not stay at 0% or 100% and would always move slightly up or down. I tried to find a threat with some help for this and a couple of people suggested tightening the pedal. DO NOT do this it will have the opposite effect and you might damage the pedal and here is why. 

I as i was pressing the ex pedal i realized that the tension nut was not just revolving around itself but also wobbling side to side. This was the first alarm bell for me as it basically means rod that holds the pedal in place is not secure. I decided to open the Helix LT, (I don't suggest you do this as it might void your warranty) and found that the pedal itself was being held in place by two aluminium pieces taken out of the top cover (picture attached) 

I only used the pedal for 4-5 gigs and there seems to already be a crack on both sides of the aluminium pieces. Its simply very bad quality and I doubt it will last very well. I checked the full helix and it has a much higher quality pedal. 

I used some high quality lubricant on the rod and washers to ensure they turn well with no friction and i loosened the rod so the pedal can move easy without much pressure. I will be purchasing a separate expression pedal for my effects and will most probably only use the main pedal for volume. 

I hope Line 6 improve this on future releases.

Rgds

RomiesStudio

There was a small number of LTs that left the factory with a defective pedal assembly. It sounds like yours is one of those. Apparently, they have 10 metal fabrication machines at the factory, and one had some sort of issue where it was creating these parts incorrectly sporadically.

Open up a support ticket, and Line 6 will send you a replacement.

• Upvote 2