Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshots not sending midi data!!! FW 5.53

Roberttheprole

Imagine my disappointment! I suppose this is the danger of writing new material with the amazing things helix can do in mind. At the moment there are several songs that are unplayable because of this issue. Please Digital Igloo, please tell us this is a top priority to get fixed???

What are you trying to achieve?

I let cubase change snapshots without problems.

Btw. Firmware 5.53 is not out out yet ;-)

Title says Snapshots are not sending MIDI so I'm guessing it's to control some other gear in the FX loops, not receive MIDI from a DAW.

Imagine my disappointment! I suppose this is the danger of writing new material with the amazing things helix can do in mind. At the moment there are several songs that are unplayable because of this issue. Please Digital Igloo, please tell us this is a top priority to get fixed???

Did you check your global settings to make sure your MIDI base channel or something like that didn't get changed during the update?

Robert, I am currently controlling presets on 3 Strymon pedals via the Helix Midi Command Center in the editor and changing these settings via my controller. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues but there is something set wrong in Command Center. Re-look at every midi setting, both midi CC and Bank/Program settings.

And via snapshots, I can switch presets on all three Strymon pedals after the 2.53 firmware update.

It did take me a bit to wrap my head around what Helix was needing (midi-wise") to switch presets on the Strymon pedals.

(Big Thanks to Phil for his screenshots to get me started).

What I do is set up 3 CC's 1st, and then 3 Bank/Program changes on the "Lightning Bolts".

I have Helix set to Midi channel 5, and the 3 Strymon pedals set to midi channels 1, 2 and 3.

The 1st 3 (lightning bolts) I use Midi CC 102 with a value of 0 (for Off), or a value of 127 (for On) for each midi channel (1, 2 and 3).

The last three (set to Bank/Program) I use to pick what presets on what midi channel I want.

IM thinking that Helix looks for the CC command 1st, and then the Bank/Program changes 2nd, and the reasoning behind this is that I'm having good luck with this setup and have up to 8 snapshots on one patch changing to what I have picked (for all 3 pedals).

And via snapshots, I can switch presets on all three Strymon pedals after the 2.53 firmware

Hmm, that's great your setup is working, yeah been running timeline with helix snapshots for a long time, and never had much trouble.

As I said, I can program a switch to send a midi toggle command, and it works great, but when I set up snapshots to turn that switch on and off I get nothing... the switches light engages, but no apparent midi activity. Anyone else having this issue?

I confirmed the CC Toggle values weren't being sent with snapshots in 2.53 as well, and I emailed Dom from Line 6 about it (the lead QA tester). He confirmed that they have this logged, so they are aware of it. I imagine they're planning to address in the next update.

Thanks Phil,

Yeah, patients is key here I suppose...

I confirmed the CC Toggle values weren't being sent with snapshots in 2.53 as well, and I emailed Dom from Line 6 about it (the lead QA tester). He confirmed that they have this logged, so they are aware of it. I imagine they're planning to address in the next update.