Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Helix and multiple amps with channel switching

VirtualGuitars

Hello Everyone,

I use my Helix Floor with two Marshall tube amps and use some of my presets to change channels on the first one.  There's another active thread on this for the HX Effects; however, since the Helix only has one Ext Amp jack, the solution will be different.  I am looking for some sort of switch box that will allow me to use the Ext Amp jack to change channels both amps at the same time.  It's worth noting that both amps have a clean and crunch channel only.  The channel switching settings on the Helix are the same for each amp.

I am not looking for independent channels changes.  I basically just want the stomp button to perform the same action on both amps simultaneously.  Is this even possible?  What external solution will allow me to accomplish this?  The Helix will be sending the same signal either way - I just need it split into two cables.  Would a basic A/B switch box work in my particular scenario?

Thanks,
David

TRS to Y cable to two TS cables into your foot switch jacks on the amps should do it I think. It will depend on your actual amps, but I think you can do that. The external amp control output on the helix is meant to handle 2 amps.

You can set it in the control center to trigger tip, ring or both.......

Yeah, I know that.  I am using it with one amp at a time now.  Just want to change channels on my second amp (simultaneously).  Both amps are Marshalls and work with the tip setting.  I wish the Helix Floor had two Ext Amp jacks like the HX Effects.  Thanks.

The external amp control output on the helix is meant to handle 2 amps.

Just out of curiosity, where do you see that the Helix's Ext Amp jack was meant to handle two amps?  The Global Settings is meant for being able to control two settings like channels changes and reverb, but on the same amp.  Just wondering if that's what you're referring to.  Thanks,

Just out of curiosity, where do you see that the Helix's Ext Amp jack was meant to handle two amps?  The Global Settings is meant for being able to control two settings like channels changes and reverb, but on the same amp.  Just wondering if that's what you're referring to.  Thanks,

Unless I'm reading the manual wrong....

18. EXT AMP 1/2 Connect to your traditional guitar amp to switch its channels or turn its reverb on and off. Use a TRS cable for dual operation (1=tip, 2=ring).

Which is possible.

I would still think it's possible to do this using a Y cable. Maybe possibly reversing the leads on one end of one cable.