Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Who else thinks line6 should provide schematics to customers with expee warranties and registered amps

jessebelanger

"... fender. vox, marshall, splawn, engl"---

1) Don't know how much, if any, of their service and engineering information is proprietary.

2) That's their choice what they do with whatever proprietary info they have.

3) We can't vouch for the technical skills of general public out there. That's why there are

authorized service centers.

4) You could open a support ticket, but they won't have the authority to okay a schematic.

Don't want anyone getting hurt on account of them not knowing what they are doing. Jesse, you

might know what you are doing, but can you speak for anyone else out there? Would you take that

risk and responsibility that goes with it?

Too many people out there who claim they know what they're doing and don't. They get in too deep,

they I have to pick up the pieces and bail them out. And sometimes, the damage they do is beyond

my capabilities to save it. And silverhead knows how good I am, so he has a reference point on this. 

Just out of curiosity,... what product in particular were you thinking of?

• 2 months later...

"is out there" is not the same as being readily publicly available.

They should be available to service engineers.  It is pretty much the standard -  Sony, Toshiba, HP, Acer etc all the same.

It isnt about proprietry information, as anyone who has the resources to make a fake Line6 amp for example wont be held back by schematics only available to engineers.

More about joe bloggs that read a schematic in high school start playing around with their TV and getting electrocuted.

While I would love to have all the schematics, I understand why it is not happnin'

"Sounds like highly proprietary information that would end up in the public domain, warranty and registration notwithstanding"---

Exactly!

"Doesn't seem to harm fender. vox, marshall, splawn, engl or any of the other countless companies who's schematics"---

Maybe little or nothing they have that's proprietary.

"They should be available to service engineers.  It is pretty much the standard -  Sony, Toshiba, HP, Acer etc all the same."---

Yes, for Sony, Toshiba, HP, Acer etc,... and all factory authorized service. Eventide Lynx, Crest, JBL, Mackie and a host of others.

"It isn't about proprietary information, as anyone who has the resources to make a fake Line6 amp for example wont be

held back by schematics only available to engineers."--- Can say that about any proprietary product. And they take the risks that

go with it, as does the consumer that buys a knock-off when it fails to function. It is proprietary, your protection as well as ours.

One does their job for free, or do they expect a wage? Intellectual Property is valid too. You write a piece of music, you expect

your copyrights to be respected, and get paid for your Intellectual Property? Or do yo let people steal from you?

When you've had your Intellectual Property stolen from you, and you object, you may get a taste of what I'm talking about.

• 2 years later...

I am an owner of a DT25 and have enjoyed the amp over 5 years. I am also an electronics engineer.

I would certainly like a schematic of my DT25 since the top channel now longer works, and the Low Volume switch in the rear has never worked correctly.

As an engineer, I can certainly set the tube bias, etc. I just finished a Simmons Drum amp repair (all IC's replaced) and now on a BOSS Kanana head amp repair.

If you could be so kind as to email me a schematic pdf of the DT25, I would be ever so grateful!

Thanks,

Larry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Line 6 is a great company and has always been good to me, although they put too much faith in their service centers, ie, when I call them for help, they have a lack of interest and know a hell of alot less than me( cant talk to the tech to see if he started last week and they all seem to need to contact Line 6 for answers) especially when it comes to my legacy products.  Anyway I dont know whet the answer is, but I wish more parts were available, all we have is fullcompass.