Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Why I am returning the HX Effects

bshilkitus

So I had my HX Effect for about 2 weeks.  Now for some reason, the switches are screwed up.  I have done nothing out of the ordinary.

Try and follow me. 

When I press switch FS3 or FS6, FS1 and FS4 light up respectively instead.  Also, instead of the tap tempo switch flashing, FS5 is flashing.  I have done a factory reset, global reset, and reinstalled 2.5 firmware but problem continues.  I have also tried changing the display from low/bright to off/bright.  Still FS3 lights on FS1 and FS6 lights FS4.  The effect assigned to FS3 and FS6 engage, but the other switched light up instead.  And again, the tap tempo works but FS5 flashes the tempo.

I can't rely on something like this for gigging.

Here is a link to a video of me displaying the problem.

The weird thing is, it was fine, then I just turned it on the other day and it was doing this.

One day it's fine, then it isn't...you just described every broken thing in history...lol. ðŸ˜

Don't think they'll give you much grief over a replacement if it's only two weeks old, and there's no reason to assume that the new one won't be gig-worthy...every batch of factory produced devices on earth has the occasional lemon, don't care who's making it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Please don't form your opinion over this isolated incident.  I know it's frustrating, but there are literally hundreds of active users on this forum that rely on their Helix family of products on a daily basis.  They will swap out with a new unit.  Just open up a ticket with Line 6 Support or go back to where you purchased it.

• Upvote 1

FS5 lights up because Vintage Digital is a delay selection. Your tap tempo is showing the current tempo on FS5.

No, that's not how it's supposed to work... Only the tap switch should be blinking.

One day it's fine, then it isn't...you just described every broken thing in history...lol.

Don't think they'll give you much grief over a replacement if it's only two weeks old, and there's no reason to assume that the new one won't be gig-worthy...every batch of factory produced devices on earth has the occasional lemon, don't care who's making it.

That is funny.

I guess what I meant was, I didn't drop it, kick it, or sneeze on it.  My house didn't get hit by lightning while it was plugged in, and I didn't lend it to Marty McFly.

Hmm, now I see some others are having the same problem. 

Shhhhhh!  ;)

All joking and ribbing aside, I'm sure line-6 will "MAN_UP and fix all of these issues, as they have before.

My only problem with any of this is how "any" of it got thru QA in the 1st place... In a perfect world (which its not), it shouldnt have.

So yea I'm sure I'm gonna get the standard  "we cant check every unit" answer, which really means to me "we cant check every unit and still make our deadline".. sigh... 

On 3/12/2018 at 5:03 PM, spikey said:

My only problem with any of this is how "any" of it got thru QA in the 1st place... In a perfect world (which its not), it shouldnt have.

So yea I'm sure I'm gonna get the standard  "we cant check every unit" answer, which really means to me "we cant check every unit and still make our deadline".. sigh... 

In this instance, what would have been solved by hand testing every unit? If it worked for two weeks before it started to act up I don't think any level of QA would have found it. Just sayin'