Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems with G10

bonzai01

The last 3 shows I have had problems with my G10 interfering with my bass players G50.  I have had my guitar coming through his bass amp, my guitar coming through both my amp and his bass amp, and have had the bass signal come through my amp.  Since there is no way to change channels on the G10, he has had to change channels on his wireless.  I though this was not supposed to happen.  Is there a solution?

When setting up make sure your bass player sets up and selects a channel on his G50 first. Then plug in your G10, pair the transmitter with the base receiver, and it will sweep to choose the best available channel avoiding the channel your bassist is using. 

No turning off power, just power on your g10 and sync the transmitter to the receiver AFTER the bassist has finished his wireless setup. It will work like this:

Bassist powers on G50 and selects channel.

You power up your G10 unit and pair the transmitter and receiver so they sync and select the best available channel.

Yes, always let all other wireless systems come up and online. Then insert your transmitter into the base to let it scan for available frequencies and set itself up. If any of the other systems change their channel, there is always the chance that they switch it to what the G10 configured itself for. If that happens, insert the transmitter in the base again to it can scan and configure to a free frequency. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I had this problem last night with my guitar going straight into the drummers IEMs. No matter how many times I re-paired the G10 transmitter, I couldn't get it to move to another channel. This has happened a lot with this unit, sometimes with my  mic and sometimes with the bass player. I always leave it to last to remove the G10 from its dock and the re-pairing doesn't clear it. Starting to become a PITA! Great idea but the lack of channel switching is becoming a real problem for me, working in a setup with 3 wireless guitars, 2 IEMs, and 3 wireless mics.

I had the same problem recently with my bands other guitar player. Didn't matter how many times I repaired and even switched off mine the always fought each other until I finally switched mine off completely, then his started to work fine. But I had to use a cable. which really ruined our show because we move A LOT on stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i had problems with mi g10 after connect it to a godin multiac nylon encore, i connect it and get no sound, after that i use the g10 with my strato and get no sound either, i tried with another guitars and transmitter doesn´t work at all, i´ll go to the store this week but i want to know if there is a solution (maybe it is in a protection mode or something), greetings.

• Guitar manufacturer - Godin
  • Guitar model - multiac encore
  • Does it fit and turn on? - it fits but doesn´t turn on
  • Do you hear audio? - NO
  • Does the adapter solution resolve the issue? i haven´t tried it 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...I have the Line 6 Relay G10 for our guitars...have two...been working great...no issues until last night when I plugged both units in...both came on...got the white glowing light on both. Went to finish setting up and as I was going to check the unit with my guitar I noticed the light was out on one....after a through check of everything found out the unit just went dead.  Nothing...other unit is fine....WTH???  Anyone else have this happen?  What next?

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having the problem with the Godin and the G10s as well.  I believe it is because the bolt that holds the 1/4" jack in the guitar has a  rounded, rather than flat, head (see attached photo) .  Therefore, the tiny mute switch on the g10 transmitter does not get depressed when it's inserted into the guitar.  I'd love to have a solution to this.  Right now, the only thing I can think of is to replace the bolt on the Godin.  Bummer...

Anybody found an explanation or a work-around?

Thanks,

Tom

Godin Jack.jpeg

I've got a Godin Multiac Steel and I have the problem of a real high pitched noise / feedback mixed in with the guitar tone.  Might be a magnetic field from the G10 getting into the mic on the Multiac.  Would love to solve this issue.  The G10 works perfect on my Les Paul, but it has passive electronics, not active.