Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects forum

Findlasse

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to get an HX Effects, tried one and loved it! I use it in a switching system with two amps and my question is can I run lines from my two amps into the effects loops and use two IR’s internally then use the out of the effects loops to send to the board? Thanks!!

Im no pro i just like to have nice things in my rig and play mostly for christian bands (rock) and worship team at my Church... that being said... will Helix patches work with HX since both have same extention...? Just trying to get more knowlegable on the editing and adding some new sounds... impatiently awaiting the software update on the HX edit... Thanks in advance

-HX effects

with two mission expression pedals

Boss DS1 classic Distortion pedal

Stage Five SKB FloorBoard

-Ibanez AZ Premium BIG

-Ibanez JSA5 

-Fender Champion 100

-Fender Mustang V 

Fender 412 Mustang V cab

• 1 month later...

I'm with the others... I'd love to see a separate forum for the HX Effects. 

Lumping the HX Effects in with the Helix is the equivalent of lumping the M5/M9/M13 in with the POD HD... which is something they didn't do! 

What is the status of a fully functioning HX Edit for the HX Effects? Has Line 6 put out any update in this?

This seems to be the single most predominant issue for HX Effects users on this Line 6 sponsored forum and other online gear forums, YouTube, etc.

An HX Effect forum separate from Helix would probably not be necessary if the HX Edit worked the same for both products.

I am all for a separate HX Effects forum at this time.

2 minutes ago, jwbarlow_nh said:

What is the status of a fully functioning HX Edit for the HX Effects? Has Line 6 put out any update in this?

This seems to be the single most predominant issue for HX Effects users on this Line 6 sponsored forum and other online gear forums, YouTube, etc.

An HX Effect forum separate from Helix would probably not be necessary if the HX Edit worked the same for both products.

I am all for a separate HX Effects forum at this time.

The status of it? It's not available yet. It will be out soon.

9 minutes ago, jwbarlow_nh said:

Do you mean an update on the original posting they made about this... in which the time line is still relevant? 

From the HX Effects FAQ Page

Is there a Mac/PC editor?
The same HX Edit application works with Helix, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, and HX Effects, but when HX Effects is connected, it appears as just a librarian and IR loader for now. Just update it to version 2.50. We expect to update HX Edit with full editing capabilities for HX Effects later this spring.

Maybe it's just me, but until the timeline passes (which is June 21st)  I am quite satisfied with this post. 

It has been 75 business days since Tony's "later this spring" posting. I had looked again, not seen any update, and was merely inquiring if there was an update I had missed on the delivery of HX Edit/HX Effects functionality.

I am happy you are satisfied. "I can't get no satisfaction", and I recognize that is my problem, but on this topic I do not think it is unreasonable to inquire if there is any word on the progress or update on the delivery date. 

• Like 2

Gonna ditch the HX if the Editor software doesn't show up soon. Love the unit, love how it works, love how it sounds ... but I need to start saving, organizing and editing with more flexibility. Between the no-show on the editor and the questionable AC adapter I'm losing patience. The AC adapter is horrendous for real on stage use, cable too short, way too big and in the way and too easy to damage. The Roland GT-1000 is starting to look good.

I am intently watching this forum for the purpose of deciding if the HX Effects is the item I want to purchase to address all my effects needs. The lack of proper editing software as well as lacking its own forum are keeping my further from pulling the trigger on a purchase.  

I first started with Line 6 on the first POD and anticipate that the HX Effects could be my solution. But movement in addressing my requirements is not happening.

I watch .............. I read ................ and I wait. But......... only for a little while longer.

3 hours ago, plexiprs said:

I am intently watching this forum for the purpose of deciding if the HX Effects is the item I want to purchase to address all my effects needs. The lack of proper editing software as well as lacking its own forum are keeping my further from pulling the trigger on a purchase.  

I first started with Line 6 on the first POD and anticipate that the HX Effects could be my solution. But movement in addressing my requirements is not happening.

I watch .............. I read ................ and I wait. But......... only for a little while longer.

Full HX Edit support should be available in June. As far as a dedicated forum, I guess I don't understand why that would be a big deal. There is significant enough overlap between the Helix and the HX, that there's many topic that apply to all devices in the platform.

However, there is enough of a difference that Helix editing software is not usable on the HX Effects, from what I have read. This speaks volumes to me of the differences.

But, if Line 6 feels a distinct forum area for HX Effects is unwarranted, the the users will have to make do. In the end, it is their call to make.

2 hours ago, plexiprs said:

However, there is enough of a difference that Helix editing software is not usable on the HX Effects, from what I have read. This speaks volumes to me of the differences.

But, if Line 6 feels a distinct forum area for HX Effects is unwarranted, the the users will have to make do. In the end, it is their call to make.

Well, it will be same software editor, HX Edit, for the entire platform. They are in the midst of beta testing it with the HX Effects now. All of effects that are in the HX are in the Helix, and vice versa. All the parameters are the same, they sound the same - it’s the same codebase.

10 hours ago, phil_m said:

Well, it will be same software editor, HX Edit, for the entire platform. They are in the midst of beta testing it with the HX Effects now. All of effects that are in the HX are in the Helix, and vice versa. All the parameters are the same, they sound the same - it’s the same codebase.

I don't disagree but if you take a look through the Helix forums 60% or more of the topics are on Amp/Cab/Mic models... and how to monitor the unit effectively. There isn't a lot of talk about the effects themselves which is the primary focus of the HX Effects. This creates a lot of irrelevant chatter (for HX Effects user) and clutters the forum. Questions specific to the HX Effects are on Page 2 in a heartbeat due to more and more topics on FRFR and shrill cabinets models. Just sayin'...

I would also suggest the M series effects had a lot in common with the HD Processors... but they got their own forum. 

Certainly not a big deal for me... I'm just saying it would be nice to not have to weed through irrelevant threads looking for the ones the matter to us.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, luisjinja said:

Hello everyone
do not they have made sounds that they can dispense?
I bought hx effects right now and needed sounds already done urgently.
thank you so much

https://line6.com/customtone/browse/hx_effects/

Not a whole lot to choose from....eventually you're gonna have to learn to create your own patches. Everybody's needs are different. The odds of finding ones that just happen to be exactly what you want are slim. What are you looking for? 

• 1 month later...

Can someone please advise how to set up the HX Effects for that drippy staccato surf guitar sound. I'm not having much luck and I am considering selling the unit. I do have the latest firmware installed that was supposed to enhance the reverb. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, mnazzaro said:

Can someone please advise how to set up the HX Effects for that drippy staccato surf guitar sound. I'm not having much luck and I am considering selling the unit. I do have the latest firmware installed that was supposed to enhance the reverb. Thanks.

This latest update affected the five new HX verbs, not the Legacy verbs. There are two spring models in the Legacy section. Whether or not you can get them to work for you, I don't know. I tend to crank up the Predelay up to around 125ms and keep the decay around 3 or 4 or so on those to get them to be a little more springy sounding.

23 minutes ago, mnazzaro said:

You should start your own thread for this... this one is months old, and mostly full of people lamenting/ whining that the HX unit doesn't have it's own dedicated forum, or begging for same. Your question will go mostly unnoticed here... put it out there prominently with a relevant title, and somebody will chime in. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, caberto1981 said:

And still waiting, is tedious to read through the forum and have a mix of different units I really don't care about

You can whine about it in here until you turn blue and it'll never make any difference. This is a user forum. Nobody in here has any control over how things are organized, and official L6 personnel seldom make an appearance. Ideascale in the place for requests.