Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

List of Cheap Android Tablets?? Please

Hankon6

I still can not find a list of cheap tablets that can interface with the Amp to my Windows 7 PC.  I have browsed the entire net for an  Android tablet (not phone) , since it will permanently reside next to the amp. The reason I want an inexpensive one is that if it gets damaged somehow I wont FRET much!  Pun intended! Some Chinese one will do as long as it has been tested with the USB Host mode.  In fact. I have not seen a good list of any phones or tablets that has been proven to connect properly.

I am picking up my new amp tomorrow and would like to tinker with it! I have read a few responses on this forum but ...no joy!  Thanks for your help!! :)  I believe there should have been a Line 6 follow thru on this topic as it is vital for its. use with the software.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried the following:

Acer Iconia One 7 inch

Asus Memopad 7,

Sony Experia 10inch

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 or 9  (Don't remember)

All of those worked well. My only problematic device is my Samsung S6 phone who would not connect when I first got the AMP. Now with the latest firmware on the AMP and on the phone it works but it's not stable if the phone goes to sleep it will lock it self.

If I was in that situation I would buy a tablet from a place with a decent return policy try it and if it does not work simply return it.

• 11 months later...

Since previous post was over a year ago, has anyone had any luck with any other readily available (and cheap- just invested 2k in band equipment, so fundage isn't that great right now) tablets that work? Highly upset that PC remote cannot access cloud and Android on my particular (newer) phone doesn't work!

Microcenter has a 7 in Azpen Tablet for 30 bucks. It is a piece of crap buuuut, it will run the Spider Remote okay, and it has both a usb port and an ac charging port.

Link To Microcenter

Walmart sometimes has a couple of Tablets for under $50, From RCA and other manufacturers. I'd swing by their electronics section and see what you can score.

Since the Spider Remote Tone cloud is now available on Customtone, if you have  laptop available, you really don't need to the mobile app anymore.