Sign in to follow this  
Hankon6

List of Cheap Android Tablets?? Please

I still can not find a list of cheap tablets that can interface with the Amp to my Windows 7 PC.  I have browsed the entire net for an  Android tablet (not phone) , since it will permanently reside next to the amp. The reason I want an inexpensive one is that if it gets damaged somehow I wont FRET much!  Pun intended! Some Chinese one will do as long as it has been tested with the USB Host mode.  In fact. I have not seen a good list of any phones or tablets that has been proven to connect properly.

I am picking up my new amp tomorrow and would like to tinker with it! I have read a few responses on this forum but ...no joy!  Thanks for your help!! :)  I believe there should have been a Line 6 follow thru on this topic as it is vital for its. use with the software.

I've tried the following:

Acer Iconia One 7 inch

Asus Memopad 7,

Sony Experia 10inch

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 or 9  (Don't remember)

All of those worked well. My only problematic device is my Samsung S6 phone who would not connect when I first got the AMP. Now with the latest firmware on the AMP and on the phone it works but it's not stable if the phone goes to sleep it will lock it self.

If I was in that situation I would buy a tablet from a place with a decent return policy try it and if it does not work simply return it.

I've used Asus TF300, a best buy cheapie 10" from Digiland. They work fine. Android 4.1 and up. The Digiland was 4.5 and it worked. Paid $79 for it.
Another our kb player uses was $69 on Amazon. Ziuyan or something. Works on the Spider Mobile App.