Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

phantom power problem

hey guys, i recently bought a condenser microphone (bm-800), to use in my laptop, but i read that is required a phantom power to power it up, so i bought a leihao (48v) one, so now i have the condenser mic and the phantom power with all the cables, jack 3.5mm to xlr, and the xlr's to connect the mic to the phantom power and here is my problem, the phantom power turned on the first time, but my pc didn't recognized it and now i can't even turn the phantom power on, the light doesn't turn on and my pc won't recognize my mic with or without the phantom power, anyone can help me with this situation ?

Thank you!!! 

Im no expert, but I would suggest using an interface like the ux1. Im not sure how compatable condenser mics and basic sound cards are. If it's still works with your old mic, I would guess it isn't compatable with what you have