Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - Issues

guitarcd

I've had the HX Effects for about a month now. Overall I love it, I built my new pedalboard around it, and have been doing my shows with it. I've found a few issues, though that are either bugs, or that I haven't found a solution or work-around from the manual. 

Issue 1) I'm hearing a loud pop (or maybe more accurately a "pak") switching out of my muted tuner. 

Issue 2) I have a set of snapshots where three have a long delay (Simple Delay, 400 ms with about three repeats) and one with a slapback.  (150 ms with one repeat) If i change to the Snapshot with the slapback delay while playing, I get a fraction of a second of higher pitch. 

Issue 3) I like the suggestion from the manual for having a clean boost by assigning a controller for level on the return mixer. I like having this in Stomp mode, but I also like making Snapshots for switching more than one thing for, say, a rhythm and lead sound. If I set the footswitches for snaphots, they get remembered, except for Level. Whatever Level is set at, will be the setting for all four Snapshots. I am guessing that this type of control assignment ban be only either/or, footswitch or snapshot, but not both. 

Issue 4) I see that both Path A and Path B are stereo. I am trying to mix a parallel path with a block or two of effects on one path that outputs full left, an external effect with a loop, plus additional effects (rotary speaker on the parallel path that outputs full right, and then have a switch that bypasses the second path and has path A in the right and left output channel. So far when setting up controller assignments trying to turn off path B, I have only been successful in bypassing the loop and getting various mixes of half path A and half clean signal with rotary. How do I route this?  

Thanks in advance for solutions to any of these. 

1) Not sure about that one... Could be related to what you have on in your signal chain, I suppose.

2) If you go to Global Settings>Preferences and set Tempo Pitch to "Transparent", you should hear that.

3) Hmm... You should be able to set the value of any parameter assigned to a controlled per snapshot. Unless you're saying you're expecting the toggle state of the footswitch to be remembered per snapshot. That won't. Real-time controllers exist outside of the snapshots. You can however select a specific level value to be saved with each snapshot.

4) I have to think about this some more... Unfortunately, I'm just about to run out the door...