Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are M-series effects going to be included in the helix at any point?

TheMcMillanator

I'm a long time lover and user of the M9. Even though Line6 is widely regarded in many guitar playing circles as being low quality, I just haven't been able to find a pedal that fits the bill better on my pedalboard

I just recently got a helix LT because amp modelling seems like it's taking off lately, but I miss some of the effects on the M-series that I'm sure could be improved by the helix's processing power. Specifically, I'm missing the growler synth effect, and all the other guitar synth effects. Those were great! Why is there just a synth generator in the helix and no guitar synth? Can we get that in there without my having to put my M9 in my effects loop?

Thanks a lot.

According to Line 6, the User Manual is revised only for each Major (Full Integer) Release. Their statement was that they do them in each International language version, and the resources to revamp the User Manual for each interim firmware release has not been what they have done thus far.

All that being said, it would be nice to have all the updated features well documented in a comprehensive PDF available also as HTML for those who prefer either format.

I do not agree that it has been an issue of being lazy.

According to Line 6, the User Manual is revised only for each Major (Full Integer) Release. Their statement was that they do them in each International language version, and the resources to revamp the User Manual for each interim firmware release has not been what they have done thus far. All that being said, it would be nice to have all the updated features well documented in a comprehensive PDF available also as HTML for those who prefer either format. I do not agree that it has been an issue of being lazy.

And we're ok with it being only in English, since it's the only "real" language :ph34r:

:o

:P

(Not that I disagree with you @MusicLaw  ;)  )

According to Line 6, the User Manual is revised only for each Major (Full Integer) Release. Their statement was that they do them in each International language version, and the resources to revamp the User Manual for each interim firmware release has not been what they have done thus far. All that being said, it would be nice to have all the updated features well documented in a comprehensive PDF available also as HTML for those who prefer either format. I do not agree that it has been an issue of being lazy.

I'm not interested in quibbling over the definition of 'laziness' but documentation is important, and if you significantly change the capabilities of your hardware then you should be reflecting that in the documentation provided. Given how minimal the Helix documentation already is - relative to earlier units where each simulation was explained in depth - this is a relatively trivial task that could and should have been done with every patch.