Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Alternating Switching question

jmcecil

I've been working on some 2 preamp patches.  Lane 1 is all mono.  Lane 2 is all stereo.  preamp 1 panned hard left.  preamp 2 panned hard right.

The two delays are set 100% wet, with 1 repeat, at anywhere from 30 to 50ish ms.  It gives a great wide sound. However, it sounds completely different if the 'dark' amp is the delayed amp than if the 'bright' amp is the delayed amp.  Both ways sound great to me, but it does sound very different.  Also, having both off sounds really fat, but obviously more centered and direct.

My question

As you can see it was easy to set up to have Simple Delay Left and Right on switches.  But what I really want is for one to go off when I turn the other on.  Also, I want to be able to have both off.  I can't figure out a simple setup to accomplish this (other than snapshots of course).  Is it possible and I'm just missing something obvious?  I can do the tap dance of off/on .. both on being identical to both off as long as the delay is the same.

post-2404053-0-69105100-1520633635_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the response. Can the same switch toggle one on as it turns the other off? I thought you could control two things using merge, but I can't get it to work.

Yes. Assign them to the same FS then save the preset with one of them on and the other off. Henceforth the FS will toggle between them, turning one on and the other off alternately.

Yes. Assign them to the same FS then save the preset with one of them on and the other off. Henceforth the FS will toggle between them, turning one on and the other off alternately.

hmm... I've been trying and I can't get it to work.  I'll keep trying.