Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can HD500X Controller Pedal Control Multiple Parameters at Once?

toobhed

This works in the workbench software but not when it's unplugged from USB.

I am trying to set up a patch with two amplifiers that fade out of Amp One and fades into Amp 2.  So when the pedal is in max position on the toe, Amp 1 is at full volume amp two is minimum (off).  When at heel position it is the opposite with amp one at 0 volume and amp two at max volume.  To try this,  I set the controller pedal to control the channel volume on amp 1 with a minimum set to 0 and maximum to my desired level (75).  Then for channel volume on amp two, I set this in reverse with the minimum at 75 and maximum at zero.

It works in the workbench, but when I disconnect it after saving and sending the patch to the POD, it works once, then seems that the negative settings are ignored and all I can do is fade out amp one, amp two is always coming through.

Is this possible to accomplish?

Good tip!  That did the trick and I ended up assigning the controller to both amp volumes and drive parameters so I have a pretty smooth fade from clean to crunch.  Not perfect but pretty good.  I am adding a compressor post mixer to help smooth out the volume change.

Yes, I meant the HD500X Editor.

Thanks!