Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snap Shots, is there a 'enable all parameters' option?

MarkJarvis

Maybe its just me or you guys know an easy way to do this but for snap shots

going through and enabling each parameter I want to use is a PIA.

I just want the Snap Shots to work like:

1) Start patch

2) Go to next snap shot, adjust the paremeters

3) Go to next snap shot, update parameters

So if was only 1 or two things to change wouldnt be a issue but since in each snap shot I want to 

many parameters it makes this process very lenghty

Is there some global option or function key to enable all parameters for snap shots?

Do you mean all parameters for all blocks, as well as inputs/outputs also in the patch?

Or just one block?

If the latter, it's pretty quick to use the shortcut alt+left-click in HXEdit to enable snapshots to control the parameter. Takes a few seconds to click through even the more complicated blocks like an amp, so it's pretty quick.

I could see that getting old if you want to enable it on all blocks as well as input/output levels, etc - essentially everything that can be controlled by a snapshot. That would be a lot.

Snapshots can only control 64 parameters I think, so enabling them ALL isn't actually workable, unless there aren't a lot of blocks in the patch.

I typically set up all or most amp params wish is really quick once you have a routine, then selected other stuff, depending on what I'm doing. It's also super common for me to base a new patch on an existing one, so that's already done for many blocks in the original, just have to set up any new ones you add that apply.

Snapshots can only control 64 parameters I think, so enabling them ALL isn't actually workable, unless there aren't a lot of blocks in the patch.

I typically set up all or most amp params wish is really quick once you have a routine, then selected other stuff, depending on what I'm doing. It's also super common for me to base a new patch on an existing one, so that's already done for many blocks in the original, just have to set up any new ones you add that apply.

Not to be too pedantic about it, but just to clarify, 64 is the limit for the total number of control assignments in a preset, so that includes any parameters assigned to expression pedals, footswitches, Variax knobs, and/or snapshot controllers.

Maybe its just me or you guys know an easy way to do this but for snap shots

going through and enabling each parameter I want to use is a PIA.

With the Mac version of HX Edit you can enable snapshot control of any parameter quickly by holding down the "option" key, and clicking on the parameter value. You'll see the brackets appear...not sure if it works with "ctrl" or "alt" keys in Windows. Worth a try tho...