Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX effects & HELIX preset sharing

kenmasters

First of all, there should be a separate forum for HX effects.  

Next a feature request:    Sharing presets from HELIX to HX effects (or vice versa).    Since all the effects are the same, I imagine someone could just use a helix preset (minus the amp model) and be still able to use the patch/preset ?   I haven't played with the editor yet - or the lack of one to try to see what would happen.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 9:46 AM, kenmasters said:

Next a feature request:    Sharing presets from HELIX to HX effects (or vice versa).    Since all the effects are the same, I imagine someone could just use a helix preset (minus the amp model) and be still able to use the patch/preset ?   I haven't played with the editor yet - or the lack of one to try to see what would happen.  

I'm not sure it's as simple as dropping out amps, cabs, and/or IR's and leaving the effects.  For example, how do you translate a split block that follows an amp and has different effects on each of the splits prior to going to different cabinets or IR's before it comes back together into the main signal chain?  Also a lot of the EQ block settings may be related to the amp, cab/ir's and their settings in the signal chain.  Not to mention the complexities involving multiple amps and effects in different snapshots.  Those kind of things may be more trouble than they are worth to figure out what to do with them.  You're probably better off just building your own HX Effects chains and sharing HX Effects chains separate from full Helix implementations.

• 1 year later...

I’m sure this isn’t the only thread regarding this topic but wanted to post anyway. There seems to be a lack of patches for the HX Effects and many, many more for the Helix (including some seemingly great premium Helix patches). HX Edit doesn’t provide a go between as the Helix and HX Effects file formats are not compatible. What I’ve tried is the free trial of Native to view the Helux patches and copy over settings that would be compatible with HX Effects. It’s also possible to view Helix patches with a JSON viewer and, if you can read a bit of code, you can copy over some of the same settings that way (although it’s a bit more difficult). A way for the HX Effects to read Helix patches, or a great editor that handles both file formats (cough...cough...HX Edit) would be great.  

On 3/16/2018 at 8:46 AM, kenmasters said:

I still think this now and did from the start. And yes, I "own" an HX Effects unit. I mean come-on, its a "separate" item in their wonderful inventory of items that Line-6 has made for us,  just like Helix is, and just like the HD-series, the Pod stuff, even the Vetta has a seperate forum last time I looked. Not only this, but any I.T. guy or gal (and I know and work with many of them often) worth their own salt could add this in 5 minutes or less. So the only other answer is (once again), they don't want to. Down vote me again for saying this-LOL I dont give a rats pataudi , but this needs to be done. 

1 hour ago, dcheek12 said:

HX Edit doesn’t provide a go between as the Helix and HX Effects

Im not sure that if you bring up both Editors, you might be able to drag and drop between them? I have not tried this yet, but can bring up both editors at the same time. I will have to try this.

As long as a Helix preset has no Amp+Cab, Amp, Preamp, or Cab blocks and everything is on one Path (1 or 2), it should load into HX Effects just fine.

HX Effects presets load just fine into Helix; if it has 9 effects blocks, the 9th block is shuttled to Path 1B.

Helix Native can load any Helix or HX preset but you may have to check the appropriate Hardware Compatibility Mode first; this is found in the Preferences menu.

• 3 weeks later...

The underlying issue is that I don't own a Helix (only an HX Effects). I was trying to snag some of the Helix presets and use them on the Effects but it's near impossible to find any presets that don't have a cab model. In addition, from what it appears, you can only open HX Edit for Helix if you own a Helix and have it attached. So, without purchasing Native, there's no way to snag Helix presets and check to see if they do/do not have cab models and/or if they do have cab models, remove the cab models from the presets so that only the effects are used and compatible with the HX Effects.