Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Well, just as I was waxing poetic about it...

hideout

Hope this solves your problem.  Are you using IRs?  I don't know why, but sometimes I'll go to a preset my IR block will be there but it's empty/unassigned.  Sounds horrible and if you don't know to look, everything looks just fine.  So, if applicable, check to see if your IR blocks are still assigned to something.

24 minutes ago, hideout said:

Ugh! Thanks but never mind. 

The phantom power button was accidentally pushed on on my mixer. Gonna have to watch that sucker in the future!

Thanks again, guys!

LOL...well...I see a phantom power blocker for your Helix in your near future!!!!

Sending 48 volts into Helix when you don't mean to,  is worth every stinking cent on that purchase to me.

Murphy says, pay me now or pay me later.. ; ) 

LOL...well...I see a phantom power blocker for your Helix in your near future!!!!

16 hours ago, hideout said:

Well, if it happens again, maybe but I don’t think it’ll be necessary. 

2 hours ago, spikey said:

Sending 48 volts into Helix when you don't mean to,  is worth every stinking cent on that purchase to me.

Murphy says, pay me now or pay me later.. ; ) 

Last night's incident will be forever ingrained in my noggin and will make a habit of checking that button first.  I seldom fail to do a "preflight" check before I turn things on so checking the Phantom Power after the Trim and Level knobs will be added on to my habits.

2 hours ago, hideout said:

.... so checking the Phantom Power after the Trim and Level knobs will be added on to my habits.

I suggest you do this before connecting the Helix, not after. The potential problem comes with delivering the phantom power to the Helix - which may damage the Helix. Cleaning up the symptom after the fact may be too late - the damage to Helix could already be done.

25 minutes ago, silverhead said:

I suggest you do this before connecting the Helix, not after. The potential problem comes with delivering the phantom power to the Helix - which may damage the Helix. Cleaning up the symptom after the fact may be too late - the damage to Helix could already be done.

But of course!

1 minute ago, spikey said:

No one is around the buttons or knobs on that Mixer but you?

Ever?

Never had to take a pee-break???

Really? ; )

No problems there. The staff where I play know how to keep the riff-raff from touching anything of mine.