Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I’m running my amp head and the 500x in 4CM where I use the 500x also for channel switching on my amp via the 500x's midi OUT (the amp head has midi on-board).

The 500 switch layout is sw1-4 for FX on/off and sw5-8 for presets select and amp channel switching.

When clicking 5-8 in different banks I can see that the 500 sends all kind of midi commands as my amp head acting differently with every preset / click.

When I go into midi menu (I’m following “POD HD500X as a MIDI Controller Device…….B•5” in the manual) and define the correct PC for each switch (5-8) the 500 do sends the correct commands and the amp acts as it should but when exiting the midi menu back to main display, it sends again the wrong commands.

What I would  like to have are simply 3 PC (31, 29 ,6) on switches 5-8 corresponds to sw5=pc31, sw6=pc29, sw7=pc29, sw8=pc6 and the same switches setup will be applicable for all banks / presets so it doesn’t matter which bank I’m, it will always sends the same PC on sw5-8.

sw1-4 should not send any midi commands at all.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

Thanks for the answer.

Lucky for me, the amp knows how to save presets corresponding to the midi message he receive so I could execute my plan and it does work, switching the HD500x runs nicely with the amp channel switching.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...