Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects: Tuner Pop to Bang when switching off

guitarcd

I asked about this in a more multiple choice question earlier, and got a "what are *you* doing" type response... After using onstage the past couple weeks, and trying to isolate what could be the cause, it's a bigger issue that I'm nowhere closer to solving on my own. 

I've been noticing random snaps, cracks, and pops when switching off the tuner on HX Effects. This is barely noticeable at bedroom levels, but when I play out at a moderate club level (not quite "loud") sometimes those random pops are... everyone in the joint is turning and looking where the huge bang came from. And if it's a patch with a delay or big reverb; it's just that much bigger a noise. 

One thing I've noticed mucking about with it at home: If I play a note and hold the Tap Tempo button to engage the tuner, when I turn it off, no matter how long it was since I played that note, it will ring for a second when turning the tuner back off. This occurs with delays and reverbs set for Trails on or off, or with reverb or delay off. 

Most of my working presets are 4 cable method - Distortion -> Wah -> Preamp loop -> Modulation -> Delay -> Reverb -> solo boost switch Gain. Some of them I try A - B paths for reverb and delay. I have one other where I have an EHX C9 Organ box in loop 2 where I put Guitar on a path all left and the "Organ" all right. 

I think the HX has a much better tuner than the one on my G70 wireless, and I prefer using my pedalboard than clamping something silly looking on my headstock, but I currently can't trust my HX Effects tuner or use it as a convenient set-break mute, because I don't know what will come out of my speakers when I re-engage the unit to play.