Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PodHD500x in 4CM with non-MV amp

colmac2000

Just wondering how others manage this sort of thing. I have the Pod set up in 4CM and I mainly use the amp tone and add in fx from the pod but I do occasionally want to use the pod amps. My amp is a TH30 and has no master volume. Thing is, I have found that I need to run the master volume on the pod at 100% to really avoid tone suck with the amp...but that means the pod amps are brain-meltingly loud in their default settings. I need to drop the level to almost nothing and sometimes drop the master volume in the amp settings. It's not ideal for getting the best tones from the pod amps. Plus when I switch between the pod amps and the real amp I get a nasty pop.

I guess there's nothing much can be done...just wondering if others have similar challenges...

By tone suck I mean the life going out of the sound...sounding duller, losing any sparkle. I discovered recently though that my main issue was that I had the bypass volume for the amp block turned down - putting that back to 100% pretty much cured the issue. I hadn't realised that this value was stored separately from the activated amp block volume and is applied, even if the amp block is disabled. I wonder how many others are having the same issue without realising it :)

I think the impedance setting only applies when you have a modelled pedal with an odd impedance rating first in your chain...like a fuzz face. That can change the tone, even when the pedal is bypassed. Setting the input z to a value, rather than auto, gets around this 'feature' if its something you don't want. I think this is a case of Line 6 being too authentic for their own good!

Yeah, my settings are as you stated. It's just a side effect of running the master volume on the pod up full...makes everything loud. :)