Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IronAgeOhio

So I just bought a Pod HD500X and it has this problem that many people seem to be having with it. 
Often, it will reboot itself randomly over and over again until I unplug it or, occasionally, until I stop playing.

I am using the provided power supply and not only have I tried other 500x power supplies but I went to guitar center and bought a new one and it's doing the same thing.

Basically I haven't seen this problem resolved so I'm posting this hoping to figure out a solution for everybody who's struggling with these faulty Pods.

Notes:

I've rebooted myself, holding down the left arrow while plugging in power, to no avail.

I've tried updating using Line 6 monkey, but it doesn't show up in the list of devices.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Mine just started doing this randomly during gigs.  Somewhere in the last set, it reboots and when it does, clicking on FS5 (A) causes it to reboot again.  Sometimes, if I go to a different patch, then, back to my main patch it stops the reboot loop.  Is this a sagging power supply issue?

56 minutes ago, jamesprevallet said:

Is this a sagging power supply issue?

It could be.

If you have a friend with the same device ask him to try his power supply..

Generally a power supply for this device should have the following specs:

9V DC, 1100mA or more, (3000mA if the device is powering also a Variax), barrel size: diameter: 5mm, center pin (negative): 2.5mm

The original DC-3G specs:

line-6-dc-3g.jpg&key=4f5d391c9bca5ef8a75

...and here is a compatible PS which works perfectly and costs less:

612kbwzWm7L._SL1400_.jpg&key=92dbc233e16

UpBright 9V AC/DC Adapter Compatible with Line 6 DC-3g

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips