Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V 240 HC built-in speaker options

farrisgoldstein

I know by default when you plug in an external cabinet the speakers in the head switch off. Is there any supported method of allowing the built-in speakers to continue working even when connected to a cabinet? I'm sure I'm not the first idiot to think of this, but I'd like to use the head as a close monitor, with a cabinet pointed at FOH.

If you have the cabinet modeling switch on the back of 240HC set to "On" it will allow you to use both the speakers in the head and the speakers in the cab. However, in this mode the built in 240HC speakers will only reproduce the high frequencies, and the cabinet will receive the lows and mids. This is to provide a full range of sound, ideal for modeling. 

• 3 weeks later...

As ADBrown said, when you select cab emulator off on the back, and then plug into your cab, the built in speakers switch from full range to high frequency to work with your cabinet speakers, I use a Mesa 4x12 with mine and the head speakers are a nice addition. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/20/2018 at 9:48 AM, ADBrown said:

If you have the cabinet modeling switch on the back of 240HC set to "On" it will allow you to use both the speakers in the head and the speakers in the cab. However, in this mode the built in 240HC speakers will only reproduce the high frequencies, and the cabinet will receive the lows and mids. This is to provide a full range of sound, ideal for modeling. 

Can you verify if the Head is doing any EQ compensation for the 412 cabinet in the "On" mode? 

I mean, if you turn it on, does the head also apply an EQ curve to the speaker output that is meant to flatten out the L6 Spider V 412?  Or does it only use a crossover for the cab and head?

If it does apply EQ,  I'm thinking maybe it would be best to get the matching Spider V cabinet, rather than use my Spider Valve v30 cab which will have a different EQ curve.