Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Updating Helix LT 2.12.2 Firmware to 2.52 Firmware

jfreyline6

Hi folks.. 

I just bought a Helix LT which has 2.12.2 Firmware. How do i upgrade to the the lastest 2.52 Firmware without installing Helix Editor that support this firmware. 

FYI i didnt install any Helix Editor because of the firmware of my Helix LT is already outdated and there is no Helix Edit available for download that can run with 2.12.2 Firmware anymore.

Had to do the upgrade in order to load the latest custom tones into the Helix LT. 

Appreciate it if there is any simple steps to solve this issue. Thx. 

I'm not sure how you would load custom tones onto the LT with no editor of any kind installed (unless I am misunderstanding you here, perhaps you meant have instead of had?)  but you should still be able to update without downloading the editor. By downloading the helix updater tool.  However be aware that only by using the latest helix editor can you backup any patches and ir's you have made without going through the old route of making a list and setting it up just so...The new editor takes all of that out and lets you back up everything in one click.  Anyway from what I understand the updater tool should still work without the new editor being installed if you really want that.  But I was always under the impression that the editor runs with any firmware version, it's only the editor that changes. 

• Like 1

I recommend that you download and install the latest version of HX Edit (v2.52), including the driver and the Line 6 Updater program, and then run the Updater to install the latest firmware. I see no reason not to install the editor.

However, if you are intent on not installing it then you need to separately download and install both the latest Updater program and driver.

• Like 1

Should you opt to go ala carte, the current versions of the software are as follows:

• HX Edit; latest version 2.52
  • Helix Firmware; latest version 2.53
  • Line 6 Updater; latest vers. 1.14
  • Drivers if running a Windows PC

Installing HX Edit 2.52 will handle installation of all the above!

You may then download and install any CustomTone Presets you wish. Only via HX Edit can you manage Helix Presets, IR, and more.... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MusicLaw said:

Should you opt to go ala carte, the current versions of the software are as follows:

• HX Edit; latest version 2.52
  • Helix Firmware; latest version 2.53
  • Line 6 Updater; latest vers. 1.14
  • Drivers if running a Windows PC

Installing HX Edit 2.52 will handle installation of all the above!

You may then download and install any CustomTone Presets you wish. Only via HX Edit can you manage Helix Presets, IR, and more.... 

I have done updating by downloading and installing the latest HX Edit 2.52 and the results are disappointing. After finished updated my Line 6 Helix LT it has been corrupted. There are some buttons that are not responding as usual. Such as FS-FS7 (Up/Down), FS2, FS5, FS8, FS11, Tap/Tuner, and Mode. Now FS3 and FS9 will skip 1 preset every time one of them is pressed. Overall, all Footswitch no longer works as it should and the functionality of the unit has been corrupted totally after updated with the 2.53 Helix LT Firmware!. I have already send a support ticket for this issues. Very shocked and dissapointed with the update.

Sorry to hear the continuing frustrations and problems.

Rest assured Line 6 will get things squared away for you! 

If the software cannot be revived by doing a Safe Reboot (See HelixHelp.com > Tip > Reset Options), and then a reload of the firmware, it could be that the unit is bad. The LT was released in April 2017, so all should be covered under the original Warranty.  

• Like 1

Do a factory reset and see if that fixes it. If not, update again. It happens sometimes. If you get any interruption of the transfer of firmware over USB, something can be corrupted. It is the nature of the beast of firmware upgrades for ALL devices. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbuhajla said:

Do a factory reset and see if that fixes it. If not, update again. It happens sometimes. If you get any interruption of the transfer of firmware over USB, something can be corrupted. It is the nature of the beast of firmware upgrades for ALL devices. 

I have tried updating over and over again using different pc and laptop also reseting the Helix LT everytime it finished the update. I even tried out my luck by installing all the available firmware in the Line 6 updater which is the 2.20 firmware until the latest 2.54 firmware.  But the outcome is still the same functionality problem. Almost all of the Footswitch not working as it should. Could it be the original out of the box version 2.12.2 Helix LT firmware is too old and not compatible with the latest available update?. 

30 minutes ago, silverhead said:

Where did you purchase your LT? If from a reputable retailer I would ask for a replacement.

There's no reason afaik that it should not update from v2.12.2 directly to v2.53 (or 2.54 on Mac platforms).

If there is no other way to fix this, i will return the LT which i just purchase about 3 weeks ago to the retailer.