Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Apparent low output from UX2 through analog outs?

I have my UX2 analog outs running into a Behringer Xenyx Control USB via balanced 1/4" cables, and out to Presonus powered desk monitors. I have noticed that the output is very low, and I have to crank the volume on the Behringer to hear anything. The output knob on the UX2 is cranked and the Behringer passes audio normally on the input connected to my compy's soundcard (connected to the Behringer via RCA cable). I have tried this on the two balanced ins on the Behringer to the same effect. Is this a function of the UX2 ASIO driver, or is the native output coming from the UX2 just very low?

Thanks!

It sounds like a long winded way of doing things. What is the behringer control usb doing other than outputting to your monitors? The ux2 replaces your on-board Sound card, so I'm not sure why you use that as well. have you tried hooking your your monitors directly to the ux2 and setting your ux2 as your playback device in your pcs settings?

4 hours ago, Gaz_Ham said:

It sounds like a long winded way of doing things. What is the behringer control usb doing other than outputting to your monitors? The ux2 replaces your on-board Sound card, so I'm not sure why you use that as well. have you tried hooking your your monitors directly to the ux2 and setting your ux2 as your playback device in your pcs settings?

I have multiple sources going to my desk monitors. The Behringer just gives me control over switching between what goes to the monitors and singular volume control. Anyway, the playback settings are the first thing I checked, and everything looks good there. I also ran the analog outs from the UX2 directly into my desk monitors and the output is just as low (even with the output knob cranked). There is no problem passing signal, its just a very low output volume coming from the UX2 analog outs.

Ok then. If you plug some speakers straight in to the ux2 and the volume is fine, it's not an issue with the output of the ux2 i would say. It would be something further down the chain. It would be best to check that first, to see if it is the unit or not.