Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G70 losing its memory

carlito17

I own a G70 and 3 transmitters. I have 3 “scenes” saved in the receiver with names for what guitar they go with.

A few days ago I arrived at a rehearsal,  I turned on the receiver and all of those saved settings were gone. Luckily I had time to reprogram them before the rehearsal began and I’ve had no problems since.

This happened a few years ago when I first bought the unit. It was new at that time and I thought maybe I had hit a button or something. But this is the exact same thing  happening and I did nothing to the unit other than turn it off, pack up my board and turn it back on.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

It may be time to look at another system. The bummer is I had a G90 for years and it worked flawlessly. Lots of dropouts with the G70 at first but I think it was because I used rechargeable batteries. Regular batteries seem to have fixed that problem but losing my “scenes” randomly is a no go for me. What if it happens at a gig?

And yes it is up to date as far as the software.

• 3 years later...

This has started happening to me as well. Sometimes when I switch the unit on it has reset all the scene information and I have to input it again. It seems to be entirely random often it will work fine, but then the next time I switch it on my scenes have vanished. The firmware on the transmitter and receiver are both up to date and the unit is receiving enough current.

Unfortunately I ended up having to replace it with another brand. The G70 always had drop issues and the memory thing was the last straw. Had a G90 for years and it worked flawlessly. The form factor of the G70 would’ve have been perfect if there hadn’t been all the issues. Only piece of Line 6 gear I’ve ever owned that was disappointing.