Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Mac Driver still needed? New to all this...

transmisser

Hey everyone!  I purchased a Helix Floor a few weeks back and now I'm finally getting down to updating it to 2.54.  I am running a 2015 MBP with High Sierra v10.13.3 (using Logic X for my DAW).  The 1.0 Mac Driver thread seems like a graveyard with no real answers as to whether or not it is needed.  So, should I also be installing that driver on my Mac? 

If I'm understanding correctly, all I need to do is install the latest version of HX Edit on my mac and that would be all that's needed to keep current with updates for now, correct?  Or would I need to also download the current firmware as well?

Thanks in advance 

You don't need drivers for Macs as the Helix is a class compliant USB Audio/MIDI device.

As far the updates, you'll want to download and install the latest HX Edit installation package. That will give you both HX Edit and Line 6 Updater. Run Line 6 Updater with the Helix attached via USB and it will prompt you to install the latest firmware update. 2.54 is the latest version. Make sure you don't have HX Edit running at the same time as the Updater.

Just now, phil_m said:

You don't need drivers for Macs as the Helix is a class compliant USB Audio/MIDI device.

As far the updates, you'll want to download and install the latest HX Edit installation package. That will give you both HX Edit and Line 6 Updater. Run Line 6 Updater with the Helix attached via USB and it will prompt you to install the latest firmware update. 2.54 is the latest version. Make sure you don't have HX Edit running at the same time as the Updater.

Awesome.  Thank you so much!