Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possible 2.54 issue help needed

MarkeG

Trying to figure out why my rack tuner stopped working after updating from 2.53 to 2.54 ?

I have the rack tuner plugging into send 1 on the Helix and the helix tuner output set to send 1/2 and not getting any output tested outputs 3/4 not working also 

but when I plug directly into the tuner working fine 

Any help would be appreciated

Sucks being new to Helix 

1.jpg

9 hours ago, MarkeG said:

I have the rack tuner plugging into send 1 on the Helix and the helix tuner output set to send 1/2 and not getting any output .

I wonder if your tuner is set to Mute, and perhaps that blocks the Send outputs? I know it blocks the XLR and 1/4" outputs - that's what the Mute button is for. Perhaps when Mute is on only the internal Helix tuner is getting the signal?

8 minutes ago, silverhead said:

I wonder if your tuner is set to Mute, and perhaps that blocks the Send outputs? I know it blocks the XLR and 1/4" outputs - that's what the Mute button is for. Perhaps when Mute is on only the internal Helix tuner is getting the signal?

9 hours ago, MarkeG said:

I have the rack tuner plugging into send 1 on the Helix and the helix tuner output set to send 1/2

1.jpg

7 hours ago, silverhead said:

I think they're talking about using an external tuner, and a new problem with the tuner output routing in v2.54.

Right the Helix built in tuner is working tuner output routing is the problem 

Looks like a confirmed bug in 2.54 rolling back to 2.53 instantly fixes it 

Unfortunately, rolling back to 2.53 UN-FIXES the S/PDIF dropout problem. OK if you don't use S/PDIF, not so much if you do (I do!).

Hope they fix it soon. Or, they could eliminate the NEED for external tuners by fixing the D@#$%d Helix tuner.....

3 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Or, they could eliminate the NEED for external tuners by fixing the D@#$%d Helix tuner.....

Yep, I tried to clone my polytune with the offsets but I couldn't get close enough to consider getting rid of the TC.

I use a volume pedal block on every preset, so I could add an "always on" send block for the Polytune but most of them are allready full.

4 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Unfortunately, rolling back to 2.53 UN-FIXES the S/PDIF dropout problem. OK if you don't use S/PDIF, not so much if you do (I do!).

Hope they fix it soon. Or, they could eliminate the NEED for external tuners by fixing the D@#$%d Helix tuner.....

No kidding, they should jump on this one. Understandable that they broke one part of the output processing (tuner) while fixing another (S/PDIF) or perhaps when they fixed the pop noise in the tuner but they should answer this by getting another well QA'd fix out as rapidly as possible.

If you have the Helix rack, you could just connect a cable from the buffered guitar thru socket on the rear to the input of your tuner. This way the tuner would always be available and you won't have to roll back to 2.53.  This is how I have mine set up with a Korg DTR-1. 

On 4/2/2018 at 1:45 PM, richsg said:

If you have the Helix rack, you could just connect a cable from the buffered guitar thru socket on the rear to the input of your tuner. This way the tuner would always be available and you won't have to roll back to 2.53.  This is how I have mine set up with a Korg DTR-1. 

Nice find  I like it much better always on works great for quick tuning 

Wondering if an external tuner might actually benefit running off the buffered guitar thru being I think its a cleaner signal ?

Anyone care to comment on what the buffered guitar thru is best used for ?

• 4 months later...