Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

28 minutes ago, hurghanico said:

I thought that the Variax's brand was Line6, but it seems that other brands have had the same idea too..

Giving for granted that all of them didn't have the same idea at the same time, who knows who has been the first..

Hmmm... however the others new to me have weird suspicious brand names..

is Gibson a son of Gib?.. is Fender the name of a bumper factory?..

could be the Epiphone the poor man's iphone?.. or is the phone of someone called Epi?

I wonder: did not Yamaha build motorcycles?

Lol... honestly, I'd love to know what the point of this thread is. Are we being asked to agree or disagree as to whether two global brands,  which have both existed for decades, are "well known"? There's nothing to discuss...asking a bunch of musicians if Gibson and Yamaha are well known is like polling everyone with a driver's license to see if they've ever heard of Ford or Chevy. Anybody answering "no" to either of those questions should be confined... but I digress, lol.

Things are getting weird in here today,  lol...

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2018 at 1:57 AM, cruisinon2 said:

Lol... honestly, I'd love to know what the point of this thread is. Are we being asked to agree or disagree as to whether two global brands,  which have both existed for decades, are "well known"? There's nothing to discuss...asking a bunch of musicians if Gibson and Yamaha are well known is like polling everyone with a driver's license to see if they've ever heard of Ford or Chevy. Anybody answering "no" to either of those questions should be confined... but I digress, lol.

Things are getting weird in here today,  lol...

Sorry but I am also new with guitars that is the reason I am asking for the opinions of other that knows guitar well. Upon doing several search those are the brands that came out.

it is a personal preference, much like the argument of "best car"

lets say you try 10 guitars, and say "wow" this yamaha feels like the best guitar I have ever played!" well is it the "best".. another person may say no, try the fender.. 

What if you havent heard of a brand?

Also you dont say what type of music, or what you personally are going to play.

If you are just starting out, more importantly is probably figuring out a) a budget, and b) a style of music to narrow down the choices.  go to a guitar shop and have a "play".. if you dont know how to play anything yet, at least have a feel of them.. probably take someone that knows a bit about guitars.

Dont go nuts on a $2,000 guitar if you are not sure how long you will play, or if you will give up or not.  I bought a gold top Epiphone Les paul as my first guitar and loved it.  It was AU$595.  I sold it (stupidly) a few years ago to buy a laptop, but now have a secondhand Ibanez Gio that I bought for $200 and spent $250 at a guitar shop to get perfect.  I like this one too. I think these are a pretty cheap guitar.