Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Custom cab IR doesn't work

alexraven

Hello all,

As a completely new user and member in this community, I apologize in case my question was already answered as I couldn't find useful information.

I was playing around in the Helix Native, to organize a specific sound I am going for in taste, by using some 3-rd party IR's. What have bothered me and can't understand how and if able to fix, but when I am using for example the OwnHammer IR's or any other IR's, they work fine inside Helix's IR loader.
However recently I managed to capture a particular old record of mine, that I really like how it came out in the final guitar mix (particular room, mics used etc) and I made my own custom IR.

That IR can work just fine in any other IR loader (i.e. Recabinet 5 or NadIR). For some reason when I load the same custom IR into Helix Native, no matter if I select 1024 or 2048 and scroll down to the .wav file itself and I try to play it or listen to the already recorded guitar track in my DAW, there is no sound at all :( I tried playing around with the settings of the Helix IR's, but the sound will come only if I turn it off and leave the raw amp head emulation without any cabinet IR. That really pisses me off as now I can't use it for rehearsals or live gigs. Any suggestions how I may fix it?

In case, that you wonder how I created my custom IR (if that eventually may help to figure to issue):

The way I created my IR is: Track "A" is the original guitar sound I wanted to capture. Track "B" was the same played with Helix without any cabs/IR's. Captured solo channel from A track
and used Voxengo Curve EQ, captured it as reference, then the B track on 2nd layer, applied it over the "A track" and muted both GIT channels, select solo mode on the 3-rd track (test sound generated via Voxengo deconvolver), going right in the Stereo Out channel with the applied EQ and converted the final IR file. 

Thanks in advance,

Alex

• 3 months later...