Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

max volume

temperKNo

• 3 weeks later...

'Dimed' means turning the master volume to '10'.  The overall volume is a function of both the channel volume and master volume - if the channel volume is 'dimed', you wont' see much change in volume form the master volume control after you get past a certain point on the dial.  The vice-versa holds true as well.

You lose sound quality the louder you go with these modeler's is what I have found, I prefer to find that sweet spot then mic the cab or run an xlr to the board, Im going to try the xlr weds at practice.
But turning up the pa channel rather than the amp hopefully will preserve the tone a little better.

Yeah, I had the same problem at practice the louder it went the worse it sounded, I have practice again tomorrow so I adjusted the post eq today and I think that is going to def do it, but I do want to go run the xlrs out and see what I get there too.

Do you know about the xlr's?
Im asking because I havent looked yet but I know there are two and I am wondering why, do you run both xlrs out to a board? is it like micing this head and cab, using two mics to get the small high range speaker in the head and the 12" in my 4x12, I wasnt doing that either and I want to try it.

There are 2 XLR outs because there are stereo effects and you can program presets to have 2 amps (I think, without looking).  But if you don't use the stereo effects (for example, you use only 1 amp model), one side is marked "mono" and you would use only that one XLR out.

If you have the Spider V 240, that's a stereo amp with 2 speakers, so you have left and right channels and hence left and right XLR outs.