Jump to content
Thurston9

New forum layout suuuucks

Recommended Posts

The layout and the software really sucks. Every time I come to check the look is different, sometimes I have to log in, sometimes there is no log in button.

And these guys want money for their software based modelers???  Forum software is EASY!!!!

I'm not impressed at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The login retention on the forum is still broken, at least for me, and the "Sign In" button doesn't seem to work properly at all. I constantly have to back out, often several levels from the Helix forum and then come back in for it to log me back in and even that doesn't work consistently. Makes checking out the posts on the forum a real drag. Can we get this fixed already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

The login retention on the forum is still broken, at least for me, and the "Sign In" button doesn't seem to work properly at all. I constantly have to back out, often several levels from the Helix forum and then come back in for it to log me back in and even that doesn't work consistently. Makes checking out the posts on the forum a real drag. Can we get this fixed already?

 

Same here!

Not sure what’s going on with this forum, but it’s most odd.

I can never tell if I’m logged in, or not, for a great deal of the time.

i thought it may be my router! No it’s this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The forum is "Powered by Invision Community" so it is not really Line 6 software, and I very much doubt that anybody involved in Helix Native or any device embedded software has anything to do with the forum as they are completely different specialties.

But I do agree; forgetting who I am all the time - often in the middle of a browsing session, but then remembering again after F5 refreshing a random number of times isn't good, and that Sign In process that dumps you out at the main Site rather than the forum page you were looking at is really bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And still no emoji's.... makes being a smart-a$$ unnecessarily difficult.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is very annoying.

 

When the forum suddenly decides it doesn't know who you are, I have found that if you refresh anywhere from 11 to 23 times, it will once again recognize you.

 

We have the technology to send self-updating probes to the outer reaches of our solar system that illuminate our understanding of our origins on Earth and peer billions of years into the distant past with the most sophisticated telescopes and view the formation of distant galaxies over the vast gulf of space and time that have long since burned out, but somehow maintaining a user's identity on a gear forum on the internet is beyond our capability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one frustrated with getting logged out constantly. Misery likes company, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bsd512 said:

It is very annoying.

 

When the forum suddenly decides it doesn't know who you are, I have found that if you refresh anywhere from 11 to 23 times, it will once again recognize you.

 

We have the technology to send self-updating probes to the outer reaches of our solar system that illuminate our understanding of our origins on Earth and peer billions of years into the distant past with the most sophisticated telescopes and view the formation of distant galaxies over the vast gulf of space and time that have long since burned out, but somehow maintaining a user's identity on a gear forum on the internet is beyond our capability.

 

Any particular reason you've discovered or chosen 11 and 23? Those numbers sound ominous to me.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, duncann said:

 

Any particular reason you've discovered or chosen 11 and 23? Those numbers sound ominous to me.

 

My own internal heuristics based on experience chose those numbers at semi random. And they're both prime.

 

However, a little while ago, I became anonymous again, and this time it only took 8 refreshes. I still contend the median number of times required to refresh to regain identity lies between 11 and 23. Until proven otherwise. :-)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most times I visit this forum, it's a case of:

  • Load the forum. See that I've been logged out.
  • Click the login link
  • Answer the question about whether I accept cookies.
  • Log in
  • Answer the question about whether I accept cookies a second time
  • Get redirected to the Line6 front page.
  • Re-enter the forum in the address bar

7 steps when it should be 1. Not the end of the world, but pretty annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×