Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New forum layout suuuucks

Thurston9

41 minutes ago, zooey said:

Or at least put it the to or the bottom, not in tho if the text you're trying to read. Not that I want MORE useless stuff I've seen a million times and don't care about, but for the love of g o d, don't cover up the text. Why does this even need to be said???

Because the world is such that most people are now in the habit of moving faster than they think. It's the inevitable consequence of a society that values instant gratification above all else. "Look before you leap" no longer exists, and we've collectively decided that anything that isn't in a constant state of flux is no longer of any value.... hence the ridiculous compulsion to try and reinvent the wheel at every turn (and for us, the incessant whining if it's been more than 11 minutes since the last firmware update ;) ). On a long enough timeline, it's gonna come back to bite us all in the a$$....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jbuhajla said:

Forum layout is fine for me. Maybe this topic will take over in popularity over the Helix tuner. And just maybe...that's what it was designed to do...

You don't read it on your phone do you?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, pilottes said:

Probably a single line of code. But they ain't listening. 

Of course not... all things "new" are automatically awesome.  More stuff is... well it's more, isn't it? Actually, "more" is even better than "new". And when we get more and new simultaneously... well, I can hardly contain myself. 

#More new! More new! More new! 

I just don't get this, there seems to be no shortcuts to the standard products that just show you what folk are talking about from the old & clean forum!! 

My home forum page is basically blank of line 6 products, with general info I don't want or need!!

Line 6 what have you done!!

I used to visit this forum 3 or 4 time a week but since the change I look hopefully, mess about trying to get something in a format that looks useful, but normally just go away as there are no instructions to help!!

Please go back to the old forum Line 6, it was clear and useful, now its useless and from the comments many others think the same....

1 hour ago, charrison_2000 said:

FYI: Ad-Block takes care of that Black Bar... 

Not for me it doesn't...at least not for mobile versions, anyway. Tried 2  different browsers, both running ad blockers, and this thing is still emblazoned across every page. 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:39 AM, Rewolf48 said:

Missing the option for going to first unread post. This one seems much more oriented to Questions rather than chat.

Did they ever have that.  That was the biggest problem I had with the previous one was to keep scrolling threads to find the last one I read.

17 hours ago, soundog said:

Spikey, what is that head in your avatar. .... some kind of a root vegetable demon or something? Its been bothering me. Losing sleep.

Its a thorn grown around these parts, and as of late fits my attitude perfectly... 

Probably gonna get spanked for this... but for the Black Bar..   if you use Chrome (and you should) add the Web Override extension.

URL = https://line6.com/ 

CSS =  #_elev_io ._bzf50 {width: 0; height: 0;margin-right: -40px;}  

And FWIW... I really like the new forum with the exception of the black bar help thingy.

48 minutes ago, marmatkat said:

The black bar - wth!? Testing the feature out with a phone would have told you in 10 seconds that it's a UI disaster.

It’s a disaster caused by stupidity or at least, inatentiveness. 

The black bar is definitely a feature.  If you check out the forum providers site, it's not turned on for them.   I can sorta see where it's tolerable on a desktop, and maybe a place to stash all those pinned threads at the top, but on the responsive mobile site...  it's a no go.

Someone needs to use a RESPONSIVE DESIGN CHECKER before implementing things.  

Even on a desktop it is buggy, basically you need to get to the point where the frames have reached their maximum size and the combined border width is twice the size of the black bar before the bar doesn't overlap them. Pretty poor!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give some credit where credit is due. The new forum layout does seem to be improving and has the potential to be better than the old one. I like the ability to jump to the last unread post and the search function seems to be working again. There are some other nice new features like the ability to correct an upvote or more importantly a downvote that was given in error. They shrunk the "Common Faqs" link to the black question mark so it is does not obscure cellphone screens as badly as it did initially although I know there are still users who would like to see it go away entirely or be implemented differently. It also seems as if the "Announcements" and pinned topics have shrunk a bit and are monopolizing less real estate although a bit more shrinkage probably wouldn't hurt. LIne6 appears to have responded to several forum user requests, even if some of them were already planned to be implemented after the initial rollout of the new forum. I am hoping the emoticons will be back at some point. Looks like they will as the menu entry for them exists, just not implemented yet. I still think the font needs to be changed to something more readable but overall I find myself more hopeful regarding the future of the forum. My guess is that more veteran users are returning to it as it seems to be steadily improving. I only wish firmware changes and fixes came out at this rate, grin (different animal I know and much more impactful).

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late and there might be other threads better fitting but has anyone ever asked for a "marked as read"-feature?

Using a stream which selects all new or updated posts in a individual set of topics, I often have threads in my stream, I can tell by taking a look at the title that I am not interested in reading those.

To skip them, I do have to open them in a new tab, just to close that tab immediately after loading.

That's really a PITA

On 4/25/2018 at 4:05 PM, HonestOpinion said:

Just wanted to give some credit where credit is due. The new forum layout does seem to be improving and has the potential to be better than the old one. I like the ability to jump to the last unread post and the search function seems to be working again. There are some other nice new features like the ability to correct an upvote or more importantly a downvote that was given in error. They shrunk the "Common Faqs" link to the black question mark so it is does not obscure cellphone screens as badly as it did initially although I know there are still users who would like to see it go away entirely or be implemented differently. It also seems as if the "Announcements" and pinned topics have shrunk a bit and are monopolizing less real estate although a bit more shrinkage probably wouldn't hurt. LIne6 appears to have responded to several forum user requests, even if some of them were already planed to be implemented after the initial rollout of the new forum. I am hoping the emoticons will be back at some point. Looks like they will as the menu entry for them exists, just not implemented yet. I still think the font needs to be changed to something more readable but overall I find myself more hopeful regarding the future of the forum. My guess is that more veteran users are returning to it as it seems to be steadily improving. I only wish firmware changes and fixes came out at this rate, grin (different animal I know and much more impactful).

Agreed

On 4/25/2018 at 3:05 PM, HonestOpinion said:

Just wanted to give some credit where credit is due. The new forum layout does seem to be improving and has the potential to be better than the old one. I like the ability to jump to the last unread post and the search function seems to be working again. There are some other nice new features like the ability to correct an upvote or more importantly a downvote that was given in error. They shrunk the "Common Faqs" link to the black question mark so it is does not obscure cellphone screens as badly as it did initially although I know there are still users who would like to see it go away entirely or be implemented differently. It also seems as if the "Announcements" and pinned topics have shrunk a bit and are monopolizing less real estate although a bit more shrinkage probably wouldn't hurt. LIne6 appears to have responded to several forum user requests, even if some of them were already planed to be implemented after the initial rollout of the new forum. I am hoping the emoticons will be back at some point. Looks like they will as the menu entry for them exists, just not implemented yet. I still think the font needs to be changed to something more readable but overall I find myself more hopeful regarding the future of the forum. My guess is that more veteran users are returning to it as it seems to be steadily improving. I only wish firmware changes and fixes came out at this rate, grin (different animal I know and much more impactful).

Forum layout seems fine for the most part.

Even with the old forums, I could always jump to the first new post in a thread, since last visit, by clicking the dot before the thread title. That's still there (I think there was a brief time where it didn't work though).

They should reinstate signatures.

The logging out problem is a little tiresome.

1 hour ago, Smashcraaft said:

I'm a little late and there might be other threads better fitting but has anyone ever asked for a "marked as read"-feature?

Using a stream which selects all new or updated posts in a individual set of topics, I often have threads in my stream, I can tell by taking a look at the title that I am not interested in reading those.

To skip them, I do have to open them in a new tab, just to close that tab immediately after loading.

That's really a PITA

I notice there is a 'mark site read' link on the top right and bottom right. Could that be what you're looking for? Just have to click it when done reading the forums entirely.

10 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

Extremely tiresome, this persistent logout issue threatens to undermine all the other ground the forum has gained lately.

I wonder if they might have fixed it, because last night I had something happen that never did before, which is being automatically directed to a page asking you to agree to use cookies in two ways. One so the site functions, and another having to do with using your info for marketing dispersal. First check must be agreed to, but not the second, then click the save button.

1 hour ago, duncann said:

I wonder if they might have fixed it, because last night I had something happen that never did before, which is being automatically directed to a page asking you to agree to use cookies in two ways. One so the site functions, and another having to do with using your info for marketing dispersal. First check must be agreed to, but not the second, then click the save button.

I am still being logged out every time I exit a thread and go back to the main page. And that is using the in-forum links, not the browser back button. A new feature is that I have to go through the log in link several times because the first few it simply doesn’t work. I come back to the forum and I’m still not logged in.

43 minutes ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

I am still being logged out every time I exit a thread and go back to the main page. And that is using the in-forum links, not the browser back button. A new feature is that I have to go through the log in link several times because the first few it simply doesn’t work. I come back to the forum and I’m still not logged in.

Still the same here as well. But maybe it's an indication they might at least be looking at it...

21 hours ago, duncann said:

I notice there is a 'mark site read' link on the top right and bottom right. Could that be what you're looking for? Just have to click it when done reading the forums entirely.

No, I just want to skip single threads because I have a dozen others waiting in the stream queue..

I tried some typical smart device gestures too, but there is no way to mark them as read one for one.

45 minutes ago, marco_jacobs1975 said:

Regarding the log-in item:

I also get logged out when using the back to forum link. And when I try to log in, I get the “cookie question”. And then on clicking ok, it redirects me to the Line6 page, right out of the forum...

It's a feature to prevent the North Koreans from spoofing your connection and posting threads about the Headrush. 

• Haha 2