Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Has anyone tried the flight cases?

homegrownbuddy

Has anyone tried one of those Thon Effect flight cases for the helix? I am really on the fence about spending that kind of scratch on a road case when I don't know anything about the company or product. There isn't a lot of info about them. Before I pull the trigger and spend bread does anyone have any horror stories or warnings to throw out? 

https://www.thomannmusic.com/thon_effect_case_for_line_6_helix.htm

• homegrownbuddy changed the title to Has anyone tried the flight cases?

I received mine last week, it's very well made overall, it fits perfectly and the foam keep the Helix in place.

I was hesitating with the line 6 backpack, because Helix + case= 13kg  but I picked the case and have no regret. I was planning to have everything I need (cables, tools...) in the bag but total weight would've been too much.

There's a 9 cm gap on the front so I can add a couple of pedals if I need (MXR size, a Boss could fit with flat plug cables I guess).

Pretty much the same yes, The Swanflight has a space on the right side for the power cable. Anyway, all Helix cases I've seen so far are pretty much identical, I picked the THON cause I wanted the gap on the front but I have a Swanflight (100cm x 40cm, custom order) and it's very well made.

Likewise, I thought the THON with the space at the back of the helix looked good. Also looked better fitted to the unit. The Swan looks like the helix just sets on the bottom of the case, not nested in.

When you get the Swan, post back with quality comparison to the THON. For the extra bucks, is there a real difference in build? 

20180326_170517.thumb.jpg.9de4969ac510d92463da123616e74873.jpgNo thats not the one. I paid £90 for mine brand new from swan flight they are very well built.....i tried to upload a pic but file size was too big...ill try upload again but if you give me an email address ill hapily send you pic....

Edited by jud1433
Insert picture