Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No models :(

l344340

Hi

Having waited for almost 2 weeks to get a new charger to test my new Standard - I charged and powered up (4 lights) only to find nothing happens when I push down the model selector switch! I've got a jack plugged in and the volume up. Works fine on magnetic pick ups but no models or alt tuning. I tried removing the knob as I'd read reports of the switch not bottoming out but that didn't help.

I'm hoping I'm just making a basic mistake here but it's not looking good. Any ideas? Bought the guitar 3 weeks ago and haven't been able to play any models yet! 

Use a !/4" TRS cable (not a TS cable), out of the guitar to the amp.

If that doesn't work, return it for another one. It's either a problem with the battery box power management circuit,

or a problem with the main processor board. Either way, you shouldn't have to go through that. Should work right off.

And the nearest authorized service center is in the south English Midlands, a bit of a ways from you.

Thanks psarkissian. A TRS cable initially made no difference but then I started to get a flicker on and off when the jack was inserted and removed. I tried a regular TS cable and it was the same. It is not possible to slowly insert the cable and get a steady holding LED light on the model selector - only a brief flicker on then off. 

I have the latest USB interfaces drivers installed but there is no digital link available either. I get Connection :USB but ESN (which i presume is the guitar) is "None".

Any further ideas before I admit defeat and return the guitar as faulty?

Return to Andertons for another one or have it service through them.

Battery box circuit, main board glitch, problem with the UI controls (rare

on this product), or glitch in the jack plate,... all are not a DIY fixes.

No ESN inside the guitar, so "None" is normal for this product.