Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Headrush FRFR-112 = Alto TS212?

roscoe5

I was searching the web for FRFR cabinet to see what's new, and the Headrush FRFR-112 popped up.  I clicked the link, looked at it and thought it sure did look like the Alto TS212.  I went and looked at the Alto, and sure enough, they look identical.  Both are $299 and 2000W as well.  Not judging at all as there are plenty of Alto users here.  But I wonder if they are truly identical?  $299 is certainly a better price point for me either way.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FRFR112--headrush-frfr-112-2000-watt-1x12-inch-powered-guitar-cabinet?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtOLVBRCZARIsADPLtJ1KHimU_brb4njgQHO2jDawAApsCkoyoq8h-R4CZGgODgdTdnKv23saAv--EALw_wcB

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/alto-truesonic-ts212-12-2-way-powered-speaker

The Alto is 1100w Peak, 550w rms, 127db SPL, 28.4 lbs.

Headrush is 2000w Peak, 1000w rms, 131db SPL, 35.8lbs.

I have a TS212. It's LOUD and, so far, dependable.

If I was buying today, I'd go for the Headrush. It's LOUDER. Time will tell on dependability.

3 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

The Alto is 1100w Peak, 550w rms, 127db SPL, 28.4 lbs.

Headrush is 2000w Peak, 1000w rms, 131db SPL, 35.8lbs.

I have a TS212. It's LOUD and, so far, dependable.

If I was buying today, I'd go for the Headrush. It's LOUDER. Time will tell on dependability.

Thanks!  Guess I was judging the by the books by the covers and too lazy to scroll down to the specs on each one ;)

The Headrush really is enticing at $299.

The word is that they share the enclosure, but amp, drivers and dsp are tuned more for guitar amp FRFR than general PA.

it is a good move by Headrush after justifiable criticism that they may have “borrowed” a design feature or two from Line 6 Helix with their floorboard.

• 1 month later...

Hi 

I was in New Orleans last week and happened to visit GC. In the entrance they had stacked up some boxes containing Alto TS312. Looks like a new model and checked the Alto site, not word… interesting to keep a new launched product as a secret on the web but still shipping :-). So, checked the GC and Thomann sites instead.

I have considering changing my “modified HIFI-speakers” and InterM R500+ (do sound great) to something handier. Would like the Yamaha’s, but as a non-pro to pricy.

Looked at the Headrush FRFR 112 and what I can see they get good recommendations. Compared to the Alto TS212 (also good recommendation), it looked like it was a new power amp in the Headrush. Looking at the Alto TS312, they look identical except some cosmetic in the printing on the backside and the frequency range. Same box, same weight, same power…

Anyone compared? Anyone tried the Alto TS312? Anyone tried the Alto TS310?

I would like to have the 10” version as it's lighter/less bulky.

/Per

I saw the Alto TS312's in GC this weekend too!  Same here...I couldn't find any info.  They look EXACTLY like the Headrush FR 112's.  Same ratings and everything.

No claim anywhere on the box that they are flat response.  They could be DSP voiced for DJ's...i.e. booty music.

Since I actually bought a FRFR-112, I sent their support a request for what's the diff info. The auto generated acknowledgement came from the parent company of both HR and Alto, InMusicBrands.

Will post back if they reply.

• 1 year later...

Looking it at the 8"  version both the Headrush 108 and the Alto TS308

Are the exact same unit with a different name on the grill. It just depends which name you want on the front cause they are the same price. But the Altos also have 10" version.

I wish they made these with the volume knob on the front grill would be handy during gigs!

2 hours ago, Ratiug1 said:

Looking it at the 8"  version both the Headrush 108 and the Alto TS308

Are the exact same unit with a different name on the grill. It just depends which name you want on the front cause they are the same price. But the Altos also have 10" version.

I wish they made these with the volume knob on the front grill would be handy during gigs!

The only difference is that the Alto has a mic preamp, the HR does not. The Alto's mic preamp cuts in at the halfway point on the volume dial, below that it SHOULD be identical to the HR.